10 psi

3" dump (batmbl)

3" CAT (batmbl)

3.5" Cat back kakimoto

Pipercross Panel High flow filter in stock box

R34 intercooler

PowerFC

Results:

BASE MAP: At 10psi gave around 145rwkw - see graph - AFR very rich and some aggressive timing in the wrong spots.

TUNED MAP: Around 172rwkw. I think final run was 170.9rwkw as some timing was taken out. On the dyno knock was kept below 20.

ON THE ROAD: Feels more repsonsive, but most gain is when you get over 3500rpm - 4000rpm. Going round corners the tacho flies towards redline as the expensive michelins battle for grip where they didn't before. Only thing is knock went to 58 on the way home. I might call the tuner in the morning..he seems to know his stuff though. I'll have to see when the knock is occuring. Hard to see on the hand controller..might have to get someone else todrive and have a look at the bar chart..

I should ad that the dyno is apparently quite conservative. Cars often make 5-10 kw at the wheels more on other dynos for some reason.

The tuners thought this was a good power level at this boost level with a fairly stock setup. I didn't ask for max power just a reliable tune. With light/medium loads tuned aswell.

forwebsite2yp.jpg

Edited by benl1981

Nice power - yeah we both might have to talk to our tuners.

................. Before....................After............. Gain

3000rpm 100rwkw ............100rwkw

4000rpm 114rwkw ............116rwkw ..... 2kw

4500rpm 125rwkw ............134rwkw ..... 9kw

5000rpm 138rwkw ............153rwkw ...... 15kw

5500rpm 144rwkw ............164rwkw ..... 20kw

6000rpm 148rwkw ............170rwkw ..... 22kw

6500rpm 148rwkw ............172rwkw ..... 24kw

Not sure if the before and after are correct for the low rpm as he did some tuning at lower rpm before he did the power runs.

Edited by benl1981

that seems a bit low on power tho doesnt it?

with the same sort of mods on same boost with a safc1 not a pfc im on 180rwkws which alot of other ppl have too..

i thought with a pfc you would get around 200rwkws

Skyl9,

Compare average power of the safc to pfc. Peak power is not the be all and end all. THen there's the factor of dyno's provide different read outs, some lower some higher. :P

+ Its only 10psi, push 11-12psi and it will be definitely noticable. :)

Edited by Cubes

I have pretty much the same mods as you.

Do you have electronic boost controller? I use the PFC one.

I made 207 rwkw (hub dyno) at 0.7 bar (10 psi).

Was the hand controller used to tune? Mine was tuned using the Official Apexi Laptop software.

The FC Datalogit was used to tune it. No electronic boost controller. Just a simple bleed setup.

The tuner is the one Sydneykid recommends - he tunes 400kw hondas and many skylines. Compared to others he thought this is a good figure.

Not sure how a hub dyno reads compared to others.

On other dynos this could be 180-190rwkw. When you think it is only 10psi I am pretty happy. What do LS1s or Xr6T stock put out at the wheeels?

FFS Why do people keep comparing results of one car on one dyno with results of antoehr car on another dyno!?

You should all know by now that a dyno is a tuning tool - you can calibrate it to read onehundredmillionbaziawatts if you want to...

it's RELATIVE INCREASE that is important not the absolute number

benl1981 - good result and increase from tuning.

Thanks Ronin. Yeah I think people get carried away with "an R33 can make 200rwkw with these mods etc".

I didn't say to the tuner "others have made 200 etc" I was happy with the gain that he achieved. On the road the acceleration is much better.

I know Im not going to win dyno comps and I dont really care too much about the end power figure. This tells me the car is relatively healthy and running to its potential giving the mods I have.

Thanks R31nismoid. Yeah I'm not in ahurry to pull the turbo off it. The way I see it the next power increment is a little bit more expensive.

To go further than this safely:

Possibly new AFM $300

FMIC $600

new Turbo $2000

fuel pump $200

+other things

+time

+it won't look stock

About $3000 or more.

I know the car has a lot more potential but I'm pretty happy with it.

Probably similar in acceleration to a 250kw LS1 or XR6 turbs but I'm not really sure - maybe they would eat me I dont know. My smaller 6 makes the power up higher.

Skylines are a bit lighter - my car about 1400kg vs about 1700kg.

Quite an adrenalin rush now.

Sure I could push it and get another 15rwkw but how long does the turbo last?

Edited by benl1981

Yeah EBC should be your next step... then you can bump it up to 1 bar next time an XR6 with a front mount pulls up next to you B)

Plus the advantage of boost much earlier in the rev range.

Edited by Drift_Limo

I'm happily using a bleed valve to run 16psi with an aftermarket turbo + all support mods.

I'd rather put the $500-800 + tune towards something else. Until I have spare money, an EBC is not a priority. Cams, injectors and suspension/handling mods are preference :D

I have a bleed valve on it at the moment, one of the $30 ones on the forums.

I might swap it for an orifice piece that goes in place of the standard solenoid. Then it looks more stock.. just thought Id get the tune on the bleed valve since it may bring boost on a little earlier..atleast then the load points are tuned

These cars seem to hold boost pretty well.,

Yeh ive been reading up those $30 boost controllers are pretty good. Supposedly there not even bleed valves. Id stick with what you have if your happy. Im going to go down your line of mods but i'll be doing a fmic when boost is upped.

Yeah, boost tap, not bleed valve.

They don't allow any wastegate creep until you reach your maximum desired boost level, then it opens up and allows the wastegate to vent.