SAU Community

Contesting An "alledge" Speeding Ticket.

hungry6

As the thread title says, I'm gathering informations, names and contacts for individuals/organisations who are qualify & expert in the field of radar and speed dectecting device ie. LIDAR this is QLD legislated related matter.

Just a short decription of the event that took place we were driving in a 05 AMG CLS55 on Mt cootha RD and the rep decide to pulled in a gravel carpark heading up the MT. My brother took the driver seat and as soon as he departed the car park and was pulled up 85 metres up the road and his "alledged" speed was 70 in a 50 Zone. Funny thing was that my brother has even had the time to sink the boot in yetbeing in a totally strange car, so it's interesting that how the officer involved got such a reading. the total duration travel of the car on the bitumen section was no more than 20 odd meters.

We did grill the officer involved on the side of the Rd regarding the distance travel and possible error of equipement used and the rest is history.

So anyone that has information to individuals or organisation that can come forward in regards to the above matter to compile a defence would be appreciated.

I keep everyone post on the outcome of this proceeding as there is no way he'll let it die and cop something that there were 3 other individuals whop can verify the whole incident an the "allegded" offense.

Cheers.

Edited by hungry6

He has a bit of time to sort out and form a defense with the right ppls, I was hoping someone might have similar experience and have come accross such expert.

we'll probably appoint Craig Smiley as council, but he'll no ask us to hunt around for "other" expert that he has heard of or used in the past, it a matter of covering all areas of the legal mine field.

Also, there maybe "Article Clerk/junior Sol." that roam these forum that may have come across such ppls in their works.

Edited by hungry6

Hungry6 can you give me the details of Craig Smiley as

I aslo have a question about a camera fine, I read in the media that they are not supposed to be set up on a downhill section of road. Is this true? If so is it worth defending and do I need legal rep?

For a start on Qld, Bruce Josephs runs a site called www.roadsense.com.au which may then lead to other resources from the site if your brother is so interested. Bruce also sells a book on his site.

This would be an easy defence with some basic accel calculations and statements but he does need a decent lawyer familiar in road offenses. A good lawyer will ask for costs but I doubt the cop will even let it get there with weight of evidence against him.

For the record it takes my GTR33 40m and 4.02s with 260rwkw on good bitumen to get to 100kmh so while the AMG is good it won't do that.

If you need engineering assistance with the accel time/distance calcs I'm happy to do so and am familiar with Mt Cootha being an ex-Brissy boy and soon to return.

Ok thanks for everyone offer and advice, We've gotten on to someone else who is a "expert witness to these sort of traffic offense and have a track record for successful defense against the QPS in regards to similar matter. So it'll be interesting to see what they say.

Also R33S2 I got onto Craig Smiley to day and he no longer represent members of the public, as he now hold a position with the Law Society and has to be impartial with day to day legal cases, but he did give some eye opening advice.

part 2 of this saga will be later in this year.

Hey Hungry. Google everything you can find on LIDAR. There are heaps of things. I have a thing from the bbc about how inaccurate they are. This is the problem, the cops tell us they are always right when due to positioning and other problems the results are wrong. I think I also saw a thing on the different australian radars, and the conditions the should and should not be used in.