SAU Community

Boost Drop R32 Is It Manual Boost Controller?

I have a standard R32 basically just a air intake, fuel pump and manual boost controller. I'm running it at 12 psi but it seems to drop boost from 12 pretty quickly at higher revs. I was told a digital boost controller would make a pretty big difference. Any thoughts out there?

the pressure will vary and taper off most likely due to an exhaust restriction. you should get a 3" turbo back exhaust system, this will free up the backpressure and also give you some more power everywhere as it will allow the engine to breathe easier. a digital boost controller will also help the boost taper off a little, but it will only try so much, if the physical exhaust system doesn't allow then it simply wont allow it

dude got the same prob with my 32 running same boost, my mechanic told me its the stock 32 turbo, and when i put something bigger on it will hold boost till redline better, i have a full 3" zorst from the turbo back..

i have a ebc that holds boost at 3800 and 4800 fine, but once u go over 5 or 55 as u accelerate up the boost fades off say from like 13 to 11.5 or so

so relax dude from what im told that shiz is normal.

but hey my mechanic could be a blowass and we might both have a problem :P

im waiting till i put my new turbo on and see what happens.

its always goin to happen with a manual boost controller it is just 1 of the cons of hvin 1 an electronic boost controller will help cause they adjust themself to keep boost constant but it would also be ur turbo the rb20 turbos r pretty small i am just about to upgrade mine to an rb25 hi flow