SAU Community

Spark Plugs

R33S2

Well my worst fears are confirmed, 3 of 3 coil packs I pulled out had cracks and tested at the 20k ohms setting 1.5,1.6 and 1.7, I have allready found some new ones at Kudos motorsport, has anyone bought from them and these are OEM units.

So what are they meant to measure? I had a quick look at the link provided but nothing stood out, it was only a quick look. :rofl:

With regards to the BKR7E group buy, I'll see what I can sort out but it will have to be after wednesday when I start looking. ;)

Helpful tip #46 = Put a smear of high temperature bearing grease on the threads of the spark plugs when replacing!

Makes it a hell of a lot easier to get them back out next replacement!

0.9 according to 3lit3 32's post (#71 in this thread), I got the OEM items from Bigsully84 (Kudos Motorsport http://www.kudosmotorsports.com/ ) 6 for $650, car runs stronger and smoother now, I considered taping them up, but that is a short term fix and i would of bought new ones anway, I also got some clear side indicators as well ( Im a sucker for something I want) $75. I went with the clear over the smoky look.

post-17300-1151224144.jpg

post-17300-1151224072.jpg

post-17300-1151224200.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Iv just taken my plugs out and found they are "PFR6A-11" which at the start of thred says they are good for RB25NEO and Rb20/26 but not RB25DET??

Im having a miss firing prob under 12psi(no prob ta 10) so tryin to re-gap them, but founf that according that my conversion(online- mm inot inches, only tool for this i have) is gaped at .6!

is this any good for RB25? would a to small gap cause this prob??? Iv already had a go at silicone my coils(S1 33) ad have safc 2 installed... any thought gents??

Well being -11s they were pre-gapped at 1.1mm. However at 0.6mm they shouldn't misfire. However to rule out coil pack issues, pick up a bunch of BCPR6ES and a gapping tool. Gap them to 0.8mm and see how you go.

I don't think there would be a problem the neo is similar to the R33 RB25...

On a side note I run

NGK BCPR6ES in RB25's gaped at 0.8 mm

However, I am currently running iridiums due to laziness, these are gapped to the 1.1 standard and I am running 10psi with no problems...coils are stock and are in good condition obviously...

yeah i cleaned them till they could be cleaned no more, didnt miss as much but still one big one at bout 5k, and i checked my coils so i dont think its them... thinkin maybe the safc isnt tuned for 12psi and maybe goin r&r???

ohwell, off to the shop for their opion i guess

*opens wallet and moth flies out* :

I hope when you were cleaning/gapping the plugs you didnt touch the electrode because the platinum/iridium coating is sensitive and can be scraped off easily. Time for new plugs I think..

• 4 weeks later...

would using the wrong heat range damage anything? ....i am so confused after reading all this stuff :D

i have been running PFR5G-11 plugs, but now i;'m having problems after putting on an intercooler and upping the boost to around 11psi...... missfiring under load about 5000rpm.

so i was going to give the NGK BKR7E copper plugs a go ;)

or ab i better off using BCPR6ES? i thought the copper would be worth a go first cause they are cheaper...

ohhhh, all these spark plug threads are so confusing :(

The reason of misfire is because you got -11 plugs. Ie 1.1mm gaps which is way too large. I would close the gap with a feeler gauge down to 0.8mm and reinstall. Your misfire should be gone :D Failing that, then try some new plugs. BKR7E. Iridiums are a waste of money IMO.

The more your ignition is retarded the high the cylinder pressures, which means it is harder for the spark plug to ionise the gap. When your pushing the standard ECU to 12psi as some people would say you are in the R & R mapping. What is actually happening is that you have reached a higher load cell within the timing and fuel maps that is overly rich and overly retard which makes it a shite load harder for the plug to fire. Turn the boost down!!!

There are so many reasons for miss fires and most of them is due to poor maintenance.

I ended up getting BCPR6ES plugs .... i could not get BKR7E, only BKR6E was in stock....but aparently they are different, the thread lengths are different. NGK recomends a replacement plug for the PFR5G-11, BCPR5ES. so instead i got the "6" heat range (BCPR6ES) gapped 0.8. i will give these ones a go anyway. if they fail still, i will try something else, but as i'm reading through all these suggestions in the tread, it seems anything is worth a shot, cause everyone is saying different things :D

i found 7's are better in my car

honestly does everyone think iridiums are overated and lose power and gain pinging ???

Nope. In my line I'm current running a 6 rated Iridium IX NGKs....my FTO runs IRIWAY7s as the highest u can go in the NGK range in IRRIDUM IX series is 6s. The 6s are gapped to 0.8 anf the IRIWAY7s are 0.6. I have found both to perform really well. However I might need some 7s now due to some good mods on my R33.

u can get 6 x Iridium IXs from Kudos for 99 delivered...good price. I got my IRIWAYs of Kudos also as these are not a common range stocked in australia.

Edited by khunjeng

COULD SOMEONE PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF BCPR6ES PLUGS GAPPED AT 0.8 WOULD BE OK TO USE....OR AM I GOING TO DAMAGE SOMETHING. (SORRY ABOUT CAPS)

Was thinking too.... as this seems to be such a confusing subject, could someone who knows what they are talking about please make a sticky post of what to use? they first post in this thread doesn't seem to make sence. (i.e PFR5G-11 is a platnum plug) That info could just give someone the wrong idea...

the 6 heatrange will be fine. 0.8mm is also ok. nothing will be damaged. >_<

can I just say $650 for used stock coils!!! damn. If anyone needs another set you can have my stock coil for $400.