SAU Community

Spark Plugs

R33S2

i got JJR coilpacks

found 1 was faulty during tune and missfired at 3500rpm so i replaced that with a stock one.

it only happens sometimes as well but i will tape them up and see if that fixes it.

car does also run a little rough off boost.

alot of ppl in here are running the #7s in a rb25 with over 16psi of boost so won't hurt to give it a shot.

Given that the 6 heat range is for fairly stock, an you've got a good bit more power, 7's are probably the way to go. Also the taping and silicon-ing only work sometimes, if it's a case issue not a coil issue (mine was the latter).

• 1 month later...

Good coils will help to run bigger gaps in plugs

bigger gaps =better performance.

My bcp7s shit themselves after 6months of driving, gap was 1.1, misfiring like crazy after 4000rpm, replaced them with new plugs and problems disappeared

Cooper plugs break down quickly with high boost applications

I

Edited by manuel

Good coils will help to run bigger gaps in plugs

bigger gaps =better performance.

My bcp7s shit themselves after 6months of driving, gap was 1.1, misfiring like crazy after 4000rpm, replaced them with new plugs and problems disappeared

Cooper plugs break down quickly with high boost applications

I

What turbo and how much boost with which coils? I run 14psi and get blown out with my yellow jackets. they have always been like that but at .8 they are fine. My coils failed on me on 19psi so I got some pretty bad detonation. I wish I can run a 1.1 gap.

What turbo and how much boost with which coils? I run 14psi and get blown out with my yellow jackets. they have always been like that but at .8 they are fine. My coils failed on me on 19psi so I got some pretty bad detonation. I wish I can run a 1.1 gap.

GCG high flow 255kw atw

16psi

Splitfires

standard airbox