SAU Community

Spark Plugs

R33S2

• 2 months later...

Hey guys.. just wanting to check..

had problem with spark .. getting nw splitfire coild next week.. what plugs would u recomend?? Car is at around 220kw on 15psi. i was thinking BCPR6ES-11 and gap them to .8

Will this change how the car is running since the old plugs and coils were used when the car was dyno tuned?? Cheers for your help!

• 4 weeks later...

hey had troubles with plugs while ago put wasted spark on s2 rb25 and put bkr6e in went alot better but still a tiny bit holding back, put differnt turbo on it and power fc and went sweet as but when i put the boost up to 13 started doing the same thing. went and brought some bcpr6es tiny bit better but just wanted to know if gapping them to .6 would help or would this cause any troubles having a low gap? cheers and merry christmas

• 5 weeks later...

Thread dig but save making a new one, read all the info but still undecided between the two plugs, BKR7E or BCPR6E - I have an RB30DET, estimate around 250RWKW at 13~ psi boost, will be hopefully getting it tuned this weekend to be closer to 300RWKW at 19~ or so psi boost but will be mostly daily driven on 13psi boost still - should I go for BCPR6E as it's my daily driver? Cheers, ordering them tomorrow. It's a Series 2 RB25DET head if that makes a difference.

• 3 weeks later...

i know this is a really old topic, but my car (r32 w/ rb20det) has recently had really rough idling since in put my intercooler in. it pops on idle. car is boosted to 13psi (stuffed actuator, going back to 10 when new one is in). should i regap to .8? ive replaced the plugs with copper ones. pretty sure there pregapped to 1.1

another question is would it be okay to run 0.8 on stock?

i know this is a really old topic, but my car (r32 w/ rb20det) has recently had really rough idling since in put my intercooler in. it pops on idle. car is boosted to 13psi (stuffed actuator, going back to 10 when new one is in). should i regap to .8? ive replaced the plugs with copper ones. pretty sure there pregapped to 1.1

another question is would it be okay to run 0.8 on stock?

I would check for a leak in the piping, leave the gap as is if your going to 10 psi.

• 2 weeks later...

just did mine the other day with the cheapy copper option as I was scratching my head after reading all this and thought that would be best so monies weren't a wasted if I choose wrong. BKR6E gapped at 0.8mm I assume as there wasn't any 11 on the packet.

all seems well :laugh:

no major works done in my liner just exhaust and air filter.

will try the platinums next as that's what I pulled out to see if there is any major differences besides cost or the coppers gapped at 1.1mm.

if anything exciting happens I'll let ya know.

you won't notice any performance difference between the plugs. well actually you will go slightly faster with the platinum plugs, but that is only because your wallet will be lighter

Righto...read all 13 pages and doesn't seem to be too much info for GTR's.

Got RB26, pod filters, nismo dump pipes to HKS silent power exhaust. Standard turbo's only running 8 PSI currently but will be upping to maybe 12-14.

Even though GTR's are listed as heat 6 and gap 1.1, and all info points to reducing gap and heat as power/boost in increased. What ill effects can happen from running .8 gap and 7 heat on current application in preparation for boost increase?

Or do I go;

6 heat with .8?

7 heat with 1.1?

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

wow, this is by far the most intense thread ive ever read. and there's no way im the only newbie really confused at the end of this. the problem is, i think, that firstly, newbies (like myself) don't realise how freaking important spark timing is, and changing the gap and plug type and heat range are all just tryng to get the right spark time so that the fuel mixture burns properly, all at once and producing peak explosive power when the cylinder is no longer moving up. AND, making sure that the spark causes a nice clean bang, without other parts of the fuel exploding before the sparked flame gets to it.

I'm running a stock (with exhaust) r34 gtt which has a miss at idle but revs smoothly, and is running a bit rich. bought it this way a few months ago. replacing oil and plugs this week, will post back how it goes. from this thread, is looks like the bcpr6es, or bcpr6e (v-power) or bkr6e(s) are the way o go, whatever i can get, gapped at 1.1mm (im running stock psi + tune, ie about 11psi).

i have no idea wtf is in there atm, but i hope this helps any confused stock-runners.

thanks guys, a great and informative thread

wow, this is by far the most intense thread ive ever read. and there's no way im the only newbie really confused at the end of this. the problem is, i think, that firstly, newbies (like myself) don't realise how freaking important spark timing is, and changing the gap and plug type and heat range are all just tryng to get the right spark time so that the fuel mixture burns properly, all at once and producing peak explosive power when the cylinder is no longer moving up. AND, making sure that the spark causes a nice clean bang, without other parts of the fuel exploding before the sparked flame gets to it.

I'm running a stock (with exhaust) r34 gtt which has a miss at idle but revs smoothly, and is running a bit rich. bought it this way a few months ago. replacing oil and plugs this week, will post back how it goes. from this thread, is looks like the bcpr6es, or bcpr6e (v-power) or bkr6e(s) are the way o go, whatever i can get, gapped at 1.1mm (im running stock psi + tune, ie about 11psi).

i have no idea wtf is in there atm, but i hope this helps any confused stock-runners.

thanks guys, a great and informative thread

bought bkr6e-11's (coppers) to replace the bkr6ix-11's (iridiums) and installed them with no problems, other than my sockets being too fat to get some of the screws out so had to resort to 10mm ring spanner.

the car now purrs beautifully.

so yeah, that worked for me, hope someone else finds it useful (btw don't tighten them up too much, keep tightening till there's an obvious resistance)

cheers

just did a throttle body clean (was mega filthy) and a spark swap.

added some photos after 20,000kms with a spark change with a BKR6EIX iridium plug.

the old plugs dont look too bad. though they could of stayed in alot longer. but there was 20% off so i just thought might as well.

post-57210-1270257344_thumb.jpg

post-57210-1270257434_thumb.jpg

Edited by Jaysiin