SAU Community

Turbo Upgrade

www.otomoto.com.au have a big selection of new KKR turbos at relatively inexpensive prices... check them out... I guess it depends on your want and need for the turbo upgrade to produce and on your supporting mods...

Cheers

Edited by QUIKBLADE

Gee they look ok. I guess you have to get new oil and water lines and the dump pipe section. Not bad prices there though.

Hopefully this will bring the prices of other turbos down - such as GCG turbos.. I would buy one of those if they were only a grand.

Edited by benl1981

Looks like good value - but are they ball bearing??

They do look good quality tho.... for $899 plus $149 for a dump & some cut/rewelding of my current dump pipe, not too shabby at all.

Edited by bwilkeson

There is an R32 that HPI are building that uses a KKR 480 turbo. They said that it was a plain bearing type, and needs some minor modifications to get it to fit but the dump pipe that they have on their site makes things slightly easier. They were quite happy with it though, anyone else have experience with these turbos?

Mate keep in mind that if you're upgrading your turbo then you'll need the following at an absolute minimum.

Fuel Pressure Regulator - $200ish

Fuel Pump - $250'ish

Aftermarket Fuel Management - $700ish

Tune - $300ish

Intercooler - $1000

Lines/adapters for turbo - $300ish

Installation for all - $500ish

Now that's just so the thing runs. Anyone doing a proper turbo upgrade would get the following.

Fuel Pump

Aftermarket Computer

Intercooler

Full Exhaust

Injectors

Induction

Boost Control

Clutch

Tune

which will take the cost close to $10,000.

You sure you know what you're getting yourself into?

Will some people already have the powerfc. I'm currently getting around 175rwkw and my injectors are only at 70%.

So I reckon I could get about 210rwkw without even needing a fuel pump upgrade.

To get to about 240rwkw I reckon I may be able to get away with a new pump and FPR.

Clutch is a nissan patrol one that feels pretty strong at the moment.

I think 220-230rwkw is down the track eventually what I'd like to safely have. Maybe wouldn't need a new AFM for this.

Even 170-180rwkw makes a pretty fast street car..

Mate keep in mind that if you're upgrading your turbo then you'll need the following at an absolute minimum.

Fuel Pressure Regulator - $200ish

Fuel Pump - $250'ish

Aftermarket Fuel Management - $700ish

Tune - $300ish

Intercooler - $1000

Lines/adapters for turbo - $300ish

Installation for all - $500ish

Now that's just so the thing runs. Anyone doing a proper turbo upgrade would get the following.

Fuel Pump

Aftermarket Computer

Intercooler

Full Exhaust

Injectors

Induction

Boost Control

Clutch

Tune

which will take the cost close to $10,000.

You sure you know what you're getting yourself into?

Got all of that gear ready for the turbo (less injectors, wont get them until I buy a turbo)

Fuel Pressure Regulator

Fuel Pump

Aftermarket Fuel Management

Intercooler

Aftermarket Timing Computer

Full Exhaust

Injectors

Induction

Boost Control

Automatic Oil Cooler

Tune

Ive done the right thing and got the supporting mods ready and installed, tuned to 160awkw at 12psi on my 4wd auto Stagea. But time for a turbo.

Good value - would they last a few years these KKR thingies? Id need to modify my current dump pipe, but for $1100 plus new oil lines (dont use water lines with KKR) and install, plus then new injectors and retune of SAFC/SITC and boost to 15psi, still as cheap as getting a hiflow turbo.

Researching further.............

light switch means laggy doesn't it

:confused:

What happens when you turn on a light switch? The light comes on straight away.

So I'm sure you can see what "on like a light switch" means.

Also, is it just me or are there three different users all posting the same replies in this thread?

www.otomoto.com.au have a big selection of new KKR turbos at relatively inexpensive prices... check them out... I guess it depends on your want and need for the turbo upgrade to produce and on your supporting mods...

Cheers

I submitted a post today about KKR turbos got some interesting answers check posts for -KKr and Monsta turbos, anyone used these any good? alot of mods needed to fit these sort of cancels out the money you save

sorry dont know how to include the link

Im also thinking of an upgrade but not sure what to get i was thinking maybe 2835r Im still pretty new to this so dont know whats needed, engines stock, stock cooler, heavy duty clutch, split front dump and 3" exhaust on the way, saving for powerfc cars of the road at the mo was thinking of doing the full RB25/30 thing but from what Ive heard lately thats beyond my projected budget so im most likley either going to rebuild or drop in another stock engine so all I really want is a bolt on solution thatll give me a bit of extra pwr without any more problems, so if I leave the engine stock what turbo would be best?

Edited by BOVed