SAU Community

Viper Alarm - How To Reduce Sensitivity!?

Russco

Guys, I have a Viper alarm fitted by prior owner about 8 years ago. The warning beeps, lights etc go off everytime a truck drives past, if my garage door slams the alarm will go off full-on. Does anyone know how to reduce the alarms sensitivity as its driving me nuts!

Thanks

Theres a little black sensor that will probably siy under the dash somewhere, its not the main control unit and it will have a small red LED on it. Thats the shock sensor and to adjust sensitivity theres a phillips head screw driver hole on it....

hope that helps, but being and 8 year old alarm it could be different

Theres a little black sensor that will probably siy under the dash somewhere, its not the main control unit and it will have a small red LED on it. Thats the shock sensor and to adjust sensitivity theres a phillips head screw driver hole on it....

hope that helps, but being and 8 year old alarm it could be different

Yes, seen it - will adjust, thanks heaps!

yes.. I took mine out.. the microwave sensor was more trouble than it was worth..

Mine started going off when ppl walked past.. couldnt park in a carpark at a shopping center.. then it would just beep every 15 minutes

then the alarm would go off every 5 minutes

it was under the ashtray.. I unplugged it.. no more problems..a nd the alarm still works fine.. warns if some one tries the door handlke etc.. or if the door opens or boot opens alarm goes off.

• 4 months later...

apologies for diggin up a thread, but i need to.

This sensitivity adjuster standard on most viper alarms? i want to turn mine up. not sure what or where to look

also who know how to fiddle with the passive arming?

Perhaps PM me as this info could be 'sensitive' lol... what a shit unintensional pun... :D

On mine, you have to go to the control box which has 2 separate sensitivity holes which have a screw in them which you can turn to adjust the sensitivity. Adjust them to your liking then put everything back together.

On mine, you have to go to the control box which has 2 separate sensitivity holes which have a screw in them which you can turn to adjust the sensitivity. Adjust them to your liking then put everything back together.

which model alarm is yours abuser? because i couldn't find the adjustment screw on the dual stage sensor that comes with the viper 791vx. thinking it might be on the control module too.

also who know how to fiddle with the passive arming?

i found a section on passive arming in my alarm installation manual.. if you pm me your email address i can send you a copy if you like.

howie,

they are all different. there is one variant that has the shock sensor in hte unit. yours is outboard and could be anywhere.

r32,

post a pic of your remote and I'll tell you what to look for via PM.