SAU Community

New Government Safety Standards

yug_r34

Hi All,

Just a heads up for everyone who is doing, or going to do mods on their cars. This might effect the RB25/26/30 combos we'd all like to do, as well as RB into 200SX, etc, etc....

But that's just the tip of the iceberg, fuel systems, exhausts, chassis strengthening, the list goes on.

Have a read & bear in mind that it's not law yet, it's just a draft (from what I've been told). But it is an indication of things to come......

PDF files at the bottom of the page.

http://www.dotars.gov.au/transreg/vsb/vsb_ncop.aspx

EDIT: While I'm not completly opposed to rioting or blocking the pollies in parliament house with our cars..... You can express your outrage to the following people:

"Further comments on the NCOP may be directed to the following email addresses.

[email protected]

[email protected] South Wales

[email protected] Capital Territory

[email protected] Australia

[email protected] Territory

[email protected]

[email protected]

Edited by yug_r34

http://www.dotars.gov.au/transreg/vsb/PDF/...es_3Feb2006.pdf

2.1 Choice of replacement engine - The power and/or torque of the replacement engine should not exceed the capaicty of the vehicle driveline.

There goes your RB30DET with an RB20DET gearbox.

2.2 Replacement components such as camshafts... engine management systems, exhaust systems, etc. are not permitted unless it can be demonstrated that the ehicle continues to meet the appropriate gaseous and noise emmission standards.

Note: the fitting of NOS injection systems is not permitted.

There goes PFC, most exhausts, cams, probably cam gears, unless emmissions tests are still passable. That also seems to say that removing your nos bottle is not longer acceptable.

Guest Mashrock

so pretty much bend over and grab your ankles for anyone with modifications.

what the law at the moment tho. arnt most modifications illegal anyway? just this business about an engineer certificate which dosnt really make most mods legal anyway..

very worrying, anyone wanna attempt a simplified version, i wanna put a 26/30 in my gts-t or something of the sort how will this affect me? can it still be done if (when) this is passed? im so gonna protest if it does, australia is becoming the retirement village of the world. fark florida off come to australia.

edit: ps. this is quite irritating, wats wrong with a bit of good clean modified fun, honk if your as upset about this as i am, although alot of it is nothing new, the cams etc. dribble is greatly troubleing

Edited by Style32

If worse comes to worse We could always gather our cars & park them around Parliament house, starve 'em until they get rid of all the poorly researched bandaid laws concerning modified & imported cars :D:)

Is this still in the draft stages ie: just a proposal

or is there actual legislation being put through on this? can anyone comment on this?

I am planning on buying an r34 GTT in a year's 1/2 time, if those laws are put in place may as well just save up a few more years & buy a GTR :

If you ask me the government should tackle the big issues: huge carbon fibre wings on excels

Edited by POOMBAH

the rta does free emmisions test

if you do a rb30det your best bet is to keep stock managment set the timing to factory chock the exhaust up with a small cat and go and have the test

shit its free so book yourself in

wonder if one will pass

Just added the relevant e-mail addresses to vent our collective anger. See topic starter or below:

Further comments on the NCOP may be directed to the following email addresses.

[email protected]

[email protected] South Wales

[email protected] Australian Capital Territory

[email protected] Territory

[email protected]

[email protected]