SAU Community

After Some Audio Advice Guys!

undertoe

Hi guys,

I need some rear speakers for my r32 , and i dont know shit about car audio.

At the moment the car has a KENWOOD kdc-mp4029g headunit installed , and some 4x6 JBL gto6426e speakers in the doors. Now what rear speakers would be good? JBLs again? Also i will need an amp right? How many channels etc. I dont care about putting a sub in the boot.

BTW did i mention im a tight ass , so cheaper the better , but i dont want super crap :)

Just to offer up an alternative viewpoint; seeing as you're seated at the front and your ears face forwards I would leave the rear speakers factory for now. The only time we bother upgrading the rear speakers is if you either A; have people in the rear all the time or B; run surround sound. I'd love to sell you another set but you really do not need to upgrade them.

Why not inject all your funds into the front where you are? Maybe spend that money saved (on not buying rears) on some sound deadening?

As far as an amplifier goes, I would suggest something similar to Chris in that I would first try it with just the deck. You might find the decks internal amplifier is powerful enough to satify your listening levels. If it is not, then go for the amplifier option. :P

That sounds good to me. Where are you located? If you're in QLD you might want to go and see Chris (Audio Express) as he can set you up with all your speakers needs.

Just to further explain what I was talking about when I said you sit at the front and your ears face forwards. The Pinna (also called the auricle) is the visible part of the outer ear. It collects sound and directs it into the outer ear canal. Ass you can see (and feel) if faces forwards therefore placing speakers in the rear isn't really necessary.:P

earanatomy.GIF

This is the reason many demo and competition cars have their rear speakers turned down or simply don't have them at all. :)

Note; obviously this rule doesn't apply if you're using surround sound.;)

Thanks for the info mate , im from ballarat VIC. The JBL 6x4 in the front are new , they were the only ones i could fit into the factory door mounts. I didnt want to have to cut shit etc.

I was thinking maybe the JBL 6x9 in the rear would give me a little more overall bass ?? What do you think?

its hard to fit 6x9 in the back...if u can do it let me know...ive got some 7x10s id love to be in there...

im in the same situation as u...but what i might do is get some 3/4 way 6"...ive also got 4" splits at the front

i think u should just disconnect the rear factroy speakers.

i know u dont want a sub but the best sound is if u have set of splits and a sub in the back.

6x9's is a waste of money in my eyes.

im running a set of alpine type R splits and a type R sub. with a 5 channel amp. And the slide touch headunit and sounds perfect. i know its a bit of money but u can go with a cheaper brand and will sound the same just not as clear.

but yea i think splits and sub the way to go.