SAU Community

Where Is The Aerial In R32's?

Ruffels

hey guys, im an r33 boy through and through.. anyways due to unfortunate circumstances ive now got an r32 lol

and ive got alot to learn.. one question i have is... where the hell is the damn aerial?

and where ever it is.. its not good coz i get the worst radio reception ever!

thanks

-Ruffels

There is a thin strip that runs up the middle of your windscreen thats the first aerial..theres a second one on the rear window not sure where..it switches between each one to get better reception..confused why you have bad reception though =s

ohk well ive got an aftermarket headunit.. i installed all the basics like speakers, illumination, power, acc, and earth.. i plugged the aerial into the headunit.. but because i couldnt see an aerial anywhere on the car i just didnt use the power antenna wire on the headunit!... so what exactly is this booster that i have to connect the 12v power antenna wire form the headunit to?

or is it something i need to buy?

cheers

-Mark

ohk well ive got an aftermarket headunit.. i installed all the basics like speakers, illumination, power, acc, and earth.. i plugged the aerial into the headunit.. but because i couldnt see an aerial anywhere on the car i just didnt use the power antenna wire on the headunit!... so what exactly is this booster that i have to connect the 12v power antenna wire form the headunit to?

cheers

-Mark

they have one built in which boosts the signal so to speak ie better reception. its just one wire from the stock loom

look for the blk/red wire in the radio harness. if you haven't got it connected you shouldn't have AM radio either. that wire powers teh amplifier. for the rear antenna. if you have metal tint on the rear change it as that affects the reception also.

my R32 has very average radio reception, i think its beacause of the headunits booster cancelling out the cars aerial booster (Alpine head unit). im not realy fussed, theres nuthing good on radio anyway... except fresh fridaynite... rollers i think

• 2 weeks later...

Could have my problem, window replaced. I Had a run in with an old man on the way home from JB HI-Fi. had my whole sound system installed, picked the car up and 100 meters down the road an old man who had escaped a aged care facility ran out on the road.

cheers

-Mark

wat happ to the r33?