SAU Community

Max Power Out Of Neo

Anyone else gotten over the apparent " 250rwkw " limit using standard compression and pump fuel? My car is geting dyno tuned next week and i will be really dissapointed if the limiting factor is compression.

We have had 305 rwkw out of an R34GTT. Tomei 260 Poncams, R33GTR intercooler, ported and polished cylinder head, standard head gasket (I don't use thick ones) and a Garret GT30. It wasn't all nice to drive, too peaky, lots of lag, poor throtle response.

I'm quite suprised the GT30 didnt fair to well in terms of response? Usually you can get max boost at a tad over 4000rpm on an SR so surely it would have been better on a NEO?

Well it depends on the setup eg manifold design and what the target boost pressure is. However here's a nice example of a HKS GT3037 (aka GT30R with a custom T25 flanged housing) with a 0.87 housing on an S14;

post-19001-1157454882.jpg

So I naturally would have thought the response would have been better on the RB25?

You can read more about that chart I posted up here;

http://www.nissansilvia.com/forums/index.p...howtopic=185086

(One thing to note is I am not sure if the 0.87 in the HKS T25 flanged is the same as the 0.87 in the GT T3 housings, even with the same turbine...) Sorry for going OT but yeah, interested in how the GT30R works with the NEO.

Edited by Busky2k

Interesting topic id say it would be the same for the neo as it is the non neo and obviously depend on the set up.

My question is this, Would a large turbo making 250rwkw easily put less stress on a engine than a small turbo at high boost / peak to above peak efficency?

• 3 weeks later...

Just deciding on a turbo for a customers car, 34gtt, either a 2871inwg in a modified nissan ex housing, or a 3037in wastegate, or a gt35r .84 ex wastegate , he wants 300rwkw, but i think this will be pushing it. Any ideas?(99% street 1%drags)

Just deciding on a turbo for a customers car, 34gtt, either a 2871inwg in a modified nissan ex housing, or a 3037in wastegate, or a gt35r .84 ex wastegate , he wants 300rwkw, but i think this will be pushing it. Any ideas?(99% street 1%drags)

1. does the customer have stock internals...?

2.if doesnt want to crack it open hks 2835pro s or 3037 pro s the 2871 you get too much back pressure due to small ex housing.

3. if engine is going to be cracked open i would suggest the gt35r and that will take u way over 300rwkw.

4. if u want a respnsive fun car then i would more inclined to go for the 2835 or 3037 . 2835 pro s is 420ps and the 3037 pro s is 480ps .

cheers

• 1 month later...
1. does the customer have stock internals...?

2.if doesnt want to crack it open hks 2835pro s or 3037 pro s the 2871 you get too much back pressure due to small ex housing.

3. if engine is going to be cracked open i would suggest the gt35r and that will take u way over 300rwkw.

4. if u want a respnsive fun car then i would more inclined to go for the 2835 or 3037 . 2835 pro s is 420ps and the 3037 pro s is 480ps .

cheers

sorry to bring up this old thread but whats the limits on a NEO RB25DET before you gotta crack it open??? im askin coz i have heard anywhere from 250awkw to 350 awkw which is a big difference... and what would be the best turbo to use (street car looking for good response) up untill internal have to be replaced? would it be smart to just high flow the stock one?

I think 350rwkw is massively over generous.

it would late 5 minutes. maybe.

GCG high flow rocks.

If you are in Melbourne....

350 is over generous hey??? that's what i thought... i just picked up an old fast fours mag of a mate yesterday with the tunning guide for RB20s and RB25s and it says in there that if you wanna run anywhere around 300rwkw on stock internals then you better be very careful... so i guess aroung 270 - 280 would be ok if the tunning is right... once i get to about 200rwkw i mite ivestigate cgc bit more... thanks for you reply..