SAU Community

Ran My R33 Gtst @ Calder On Friday Night

HVYMTL

hey guys,

i took my skyline upto calder park for the first time on friday night

i ran a 13.9@100mph, my list of mods is turbotech boost controller (set to 10psi), apexi pod filter, apexi safc (not tuned at all everythng set to 0), and a 3" cat back exhaust

im suffering from a slightly slipping clutch but i was very impressed with the times my slowest being a 14.2, all the rest were flat 14's about 3 passes at 13.9

my best 60ft time was 2.085, this was also my very first time at the drag strip, i was impressed with my times, i dont know if that was quick for what ive got or not

Nice work. Little bit nerve racking lining up the first time?

I did my first run on a drag strip last night. PB was a 13.845 @ 103.44mph.

Had a few traction problems along the way. Just couldn't get the launch right.

Best reaction time was a 0.045 which I was very happy with ;)

Might let the rear tyres down a bit next time round and see if I can get some more traction.

i find it better to just roll off the line, and push the clutch in and dump the throttle, and smash the clutch... it seems more effective... need a big burnout and under inflated tyres tho, works gud

Nice work mate

i was planning on having a crack the other week but the lil ol Rb20 went pop b4 i got a chance :P

So now im back to square one and not 100% sure if i want to build a forged 20 or a hybrid 25 with my turbo and running gear instead!!!!

Cheers GMB

Mate congrats...yuor first time out and you are doing quicker 60ft times then me and i had semi slicks on :bunny:

...and whats wrong with sayign the clutch was slipping if it was?

Drag racers are a funny bunch...heaven forbid they post the whole story, not liek the ppl running 11s in a std car that only cost them $1500 to build, its just that their driving makes the difference (Not directed at anyone in particular, but drag racers seem to ride each other pretty hard ) :D:):)

exactly what wrong with saying it was slipping if it really was, im not using it as an excuse for running a slow time, i was extremly impressed with my times considering my clutch is stuffed.

what times are other people running with similar mods to mine?

No im impressed man.

And im not easily impressed. Look !!! A blue car!!!!! hahahahah

Nah, sounds on the money to me. Id imagine that is quite quick considering the mods. Ive never had mine down a strip, but i would of guessed youd run a 14 flat with mods so good on ya.

thats really good dude

i ran only 14.2 at calder a couple of months back!

with 3" catback, front mount, pod, running 10psi with gfb bleed vavle

on 18's aswell and an Xtreme button clutch

so thats really good.. allthough i seemed to get a better top speed then you as i pulled a 14.2 @ 101mph ... i dont know why if you got a better time.. i think my launches were really lacking? :bunny:

what sort of launch teqniques were you trying.. i tried everything from dump to slow ride outs

well done i say i ran over here in nz and managed a 14.5 at 100 mph i had a 3" right through but not right off the turbo a standard ecu and was running 10 psi with a standard intercooler will be keen to try again now as i have a big front mount link pc but with an average tune right now around 12 psi and a simese dump pipe right off the turbo now so would hope i would b in the 13s now

• 1 month later...

Hey guys

I went out the other week and ran a 13.624 @ 102.975 mph with a 60ft of 2.098

I have a pod, a 3 inch turbo back exhaust and a turbosmart bleed valve.

I think im running quite good times considering my mods.

How do you know your clutch is slipping?

Hey guys

I went out the other week and ran a 13.624 @ 102.975 mph with a 60ft of 2.098

I have a pod, a 3 inch turbo back exhaust and a turbosmart bleed valve.

I think im running quite good times considering my mods.

How do you know your clutch is slipping?

When a clutch slips you can tell. Revs go up, speed stays the same....

im starting to get very bad clutch slip, in third gear it slips from the time it gets onto boost till it hits redline.

Spewing. Gotta change THAT now too!

Excellent result mate - very well done!

Drag racers are a funny bunch...heaven forbid they post the whole story, not liek the ppl running 11s in a std car that only cost them $1500 to build, its just that their driving makes the difference (Not directed at anyone in particular, but drag racers seem to ride each other pretty hard )

I agree.

Adrian