SAU Community

Who Is Making 200kw At 4w

cefiro

Hey guys just wanted to see how many people are making 200kw at 4 wheels.

What 1/4 mile times a stagea would run

how much it would cost??

I spose its the same as the R33 skyline but particular attention to the clutch.

Hiflowed turbo gcg or new tubo $2000 +

front mount $700 +

filter $100

3in off the trubo $800 +

Power fc Series 1 33 gtst and series 2 R34???

twin plate $800 + (or something with bite)

Fuel pressure reg $200

Also is the R33 turbo oil or water cooled

Are there any achilies heals in the stagea at that power level????

Is that what would get me there, I know sydney kid was gunning for it did he eventually get there or what. I am comming off a cefiro with around 222rwkw so I just wanted to keep a similar power level to what I have with the convience of being able to chuck a surfboard in the back and go.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First a stagea is automatic

I will be at that magic power level in a few weeks, just about to buy an ITC and off i go

Here is what i estimate is needed for that power level

GCG turbo $1800

3 inch exhaust turbo back $1400

R34 Sidemount cooler $200

Tomei poncams $800

SITC+DFA+IEBC $500 the lot

040 fuel pump $230 (could use a gtr pump)

stock FPR should do it ive heard

Tune $300-500 maybe

Air filter $70

Something done to the auto maybe just shift kit $300

ATF cooler $140 (a real must over stock power levels)

The turbo is oil and water cooled, just like the R33's

At that power level, maybe the auto will be effected. Nothing a $3000 rebuild cant fix lol

As for a 222rwkw cefiro vs a 200awkw stag. Lauch id put on the stag, but at higher speeds its weight and brick-like shape would catch up to it i reckon..

Btw, dont forget the suspension and brakes

Rotors/pads/lines/fluid - $1500-2000 all around

suspension kit from SK - $2000

watch the gcg might be cheaper but dodgy wastegate setup and it doesnt end up sooo cheap. try a fulltime open wastegate on a brand new turbo, not very good from a company like GCG now is it :(

costs people extra money and alot of stuffin around

be warned to check the wastegate closes with the actuator installed, or u might be replacing the engine as well.

Edited by CruiseLiner

Cheers mate,

Looking soley for a manual one which will be hard to find I know, but looking at the prices people are paying for a conversion it may well be easier and cheaper to buy one with manual from the factory or one converted already.

I think it maybe worth the extra $$$ and buy a td06 or 2835 or something similar,

thanks for the input

how much cash you got to play with?

If i were you, id save my pennies and go the 260rs or just get an auto rb25

these are rough prices for cars

rb25 auto - 13k-14k (rough) or 15-16k (mint) on road

rb25 manual (according to EAG14T/ian) - 23k-25k on road

rb26 manual - 35k on road

Think of it this way

RB25+10k = stock RB26

RB26+5k = ~300awkw

What worries me about the 260rs is the possibility of a rb26 rebuild $$$$$$$$, cant drive an auto cause I like to drive, so is got to be manual. Was hoping to get away with importing one myself some of the figures I have seen worked out to be around the 98/99 model $21k for example with around 90k km on it.

I would love a 260RS but I dont think the budget will stretch that far maybe A high km 96 model. Dont really have 35k to throw into a car.

Around 25k is the limit

spend 21k , Should be able to build a rb25 with around 300kw+ for about 6k, In theory anyway. Can do that over 6 months. Chuck a 260RS kit on it and only those who lift the bonnet will know the truth.

Spose will also need suspension and rims as well (or better yet one with a little bit of kit already on her when she arrives).

Good luck getting 300awkw out of an RB25 for 6 grand mate.

6 grand would buy you

PFC - 1000

Clutch - 1000

FMIC - 1000

Injectors - 800

Cams - 800

Exhaust - 1000

FRP/other little stuff - 400

Then you still need

Turbo kit (cant use a high flow, need a Garret/HKS kit) - 2300

Fuel pump - 200-400

Air filter or pod - 70-150

EBC - 100-400

AFM of some kind - 300

Tune - 500

Possibly a rebuild (ive only heard of stock internals holding 270rwkw - 2500+

And dont forget we are talking about stageas here

So you'll need the suspension done, at least swaybars so 500-2500

And brakes, something done with the brakes (DBA rotors and endless pads) - 700+450

If the budget dont strech to 260rs, id personally buy a S1 auto and sink the difference into the S1. An auto can be a pretty good driving car, there is nothing wrong with it just coz its auto (I too am a manual lover, dont get me wrong, i drive mums manual astra everytime i get a chance)...or as above, save for a little and get a 260rs

PS. This is from an email i asked andy about his car

"all up so far ive spent just under $23,000 and i won the car at auction for 660,000 yen (or 760,000 yen FOB) which is very cheap. i have been monitoring the auction prices and it seems that stagea prices are definately going up, although thats not to say that there arent any bargains out there. if you want to go ahead with it and your willing to wait until one at the right price comes along im sure you wont have any worries."

Sorry that ive only confused you more...

Think of it this way

RB25+10k = stock RB26

RB26+5k = ~300awkw

\Alex yo sure abt the proce of the Rb26 ? Are you talking about the autech version? Is rather cheap cos the cheapest i have seen was abt 40k in oz. Where did you see it?

Sorry mate I was meaning 300kw at the engine not at the wheels big difference I know. Seems its possible to get those figures on that budget. 300kwatw I wish, then it starts to become less of at street driven car and more just a weekend car.

I just wanted to know what the reliability and drivability of stagea is like at that level and if there can be any problems associated with that kinda power. How many people were acheiving that power in their stageas. Its my number one preferance for a practical car.

stasis - jake (cant remember username) on this forums has a 260RS and imports the like. He said prices are around that price now to import.

cefiro - no one on these forums has big power apart from cruiseliner, but he is an exception. Most of us here have basic mods and a mild tune, but AFAIK no one here has over 200awkw with an RB25. Soon (6 months time) SK, Tangles and myself should all have around 200awkw. I will be going for about 220awkw if possible, but id give up WOT power for average power for streetability/winding road.

We have all been distracted by important things when you own a stagea, like brakes and suspension (must remove that boatness)

I dont forsee any issues for a manual car apart from a good clutch to deal with the weight. The auto would be good to have a shift kit and a/t cooler at those level. However, ill be getting a full rebuild to suit me.

Think of it this way

RB25+10k = stock RB26

RB26+5k = ~300awkw

I have spent about $5k on my 260 and have only 250awkw. To get 300awkw safely you would be looking at around the 8-9k mark. This would include injectors, pump, fpr, turbos, cams and another tune. 300 is what I am aiming for at all 4. My N1 Group A turbos arrived today. Can wait for them to go on.

I've done a fair bit to mine, with the final touches coming with the 5sp R33 GTR box. with that comes a high flowed turbo and Powerfc + 040 fuel pump.

boss says i'll be looking at around 220 - 240awkw afterwards, i've already got FMIC, Pod with CAI, 10psi boost, 3" turbo back exhaust.

it's not all go, to complement i've got the full whiteline setup with tein coilovers.

i'm hoping for anything over 200awkw, so once i've reached that i'll let her sit for a while and work on my new toy (corolla sportivo turbo)

stasis - jake (cant remember username) on this forums has a 260RS and imports the like. He said prices are around that price now to import.

cefiro - no one on these forums has big power apart from cruiseliner, but he is an exception. Most of us here have basic mods and a mild tune, but AFAIK no one here has over 200awkw with an RB25. Soon (6 months time) SK, Tangles and myself should all have around 200awkw. I will be going for about 220awkw if possible, but id give up WOT power for average power for streetability/winding road.

We have all been distracted by important things when you own a stagea, like brakes and suspension (must remove that boatness)

I dont forsee any issues for a manual car apart from a good clutch to deal with the weight. The auto would be good to have a shift kit and a/t cooler at those level. However, ill be getting a full rebuild to suit me.

:( Leave me out! Grrrr.... and also AMS (if I keep the car) will have 200kw

Taken from http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/in...dpost&p=1821526

So I can spend $43K on a 260RS.............easy

$35K on the RS itself (I have seen 2 recently plus jakes)

$1.5K suspension (shocks, bars alignment...standard springs are OK)

$1.6K on a N1 steel wheel upgrade for the turbos

$1K on a GT Power FC

$1.5K on the exhaust, split dumps, hi flow cat

$1K on brake pads and rotors

$150 Nismo adjustable fuel presure regulator

$400 Bosch 044

$800 Clutch

$400 Adj camshaft pulleys

Total $43,350

It will make around 290 rwkw, running higher fuel pressure via the AFPR will stretch the standard injectors that far. It will have good throttle response (6 versus 1 throtttle body) and fast boost build (N1 spec turbos are not that large). It will achieve more power at lower boost ( than the RB25) due to its less restrictive (standard) cylinder head. Solid cam followers (not hydraulic) so it will rev better. Slightly more agressive (RB26 versus RB25) cam timing and higher lift. The RB26 obviously also has better rods, crank, water pump, oil pump, head bolts etc etc

There is enough work in fitting the parts (suspension, brakes, turbos, exhaust, Power FC, AFPR, clutch, fuel pump) and tuning (engine and suspension) to make me feel that I have invested my own personality into making it MINE.

And if its not fast enough (unlikely with 290 rwkw) it is only a turbo (to 2530's) and injector (to 600 cc's) upgrade to get to 350 rwkw. The N1 spec turbos, AFPR and the standard injectors are easily sold to give a net cost of $2500 for the extra 60 rwkw.

CHeers Everyone

Yeah i will definitley have a bit more of a think about the 260rs will have to see if I can scratch a couple of more grand together and maybe go for a higher km 260 easier said than done, who knows maybe I could be luck and pick up a cheap one on a day when noone wnats one.

Looking forward to joining the club.

When I eventually put in a hiflow turbo and larger injectors my Stagea S1 would have costed me $30k all up, including car, mags, suspn, stereo, performance work. All mods will cost me 12k all up, and I expect 200-215awkw.

Im sitting at around 25k right atm. See the attached list for details.

Stagea_RS_V_Four_specs.doc

When I eventually put in a hiflow turbo and larger injectors my Stagea S1 would have costed me $30k all up, including car, mags, suspn, stereo, performance work. All mods will cost me 12k all up, and I expect 200-215awkw.

Im sitting at around 25k right atm. See the attached list for details.

tngle with the money you spent you could have gotta a 260rs. dont you think its more worth it like that? also how do you remove the limiter on the car? all japanese cars they limit the poer that they are able to produce at 300hp. cos im planning to remove minee. the japs spedos are sitting at 180km/hr at max.

see, yes, it would be better to get a 260rs, but 1st, when we bought our cars 260rs's were still well above 40k, and, there is a big difference from saving up 20k to buy a car now that we need it, compared to saving up 40k.

If i had bought a 260rs, i wouldnt be able to afford to mod it for at least 2 years. At least with a RB25, ill spend less money on it and it will be just as quick.