SAU Community

Buying 15 y.o. R32 GT-R's...

I was thinking of waiting for the 15 year old rule to kick in for the R32GTR's. Sounds great but image how much these things are going to go up at the auctions as demand hot's up.

Some people have said they MAY end up costing as much as a 93 R32 model...

Guess I just wait and see.

Price could go up a lot. But the thing is that GT-R's are very very common in Japan.

I would imagine that there are more 32 and 33 GT-R's in Japan than there are ready buyers in Aust. and NZ.

Of course the GT-R is certainly not an inexpensive car to run...

T.

Does anyone know if there are any differences between R32 model GTR's across the range? For example, how does an early model 89 compare to a late model 93? Any variations in engine, chassis, ATTESA, interior & other parts etc? I know the late model 94 V-Specs 1-2 have different components to the standard ones like wheels and the revised drivetrain, just wondering whether the GTR went through any mid-production facelifts on the standard model. Any help would be great coz i'm considering importing one , cheers.

• 2 months later...

i was thinking of going the same route, but im scared by the fact that im laying out around 20 grand for a car that i havent even seen, smelt, driven or inspected.

That puts me off from buying one. Its a risk, and most cars that are 15 years old in japan can be quite shitty, with rust and other things. Might be better just to buy one locally and pay the price for it (~25k for a local one )

Sure you can save 10k, but how much is it going to cost you and what if you bought a lemon. Also, storage in japan will be outside, not inside. Space is limited in japan, and the paint might be well and truly stuffed by then.

Ide love a GTR, it would compliment what i want to do with such a car (drift and track day race) but the risks are pretty severe if you get a lemon. 20k is a lot of money if you dont belive in loans and work your ass off for the cash.

Guest Shunted
Originally posted by T0nyGTSt

Also no $2,400 compliance fee :D

T.

$2,400? You're living in the past, man! :(