SAU Community

O2 Sensor For Rb20det R32

linxus40

i purchased an el 02 sensor thinking this was the right one for the rb20det but after further research i belive this is only good for the r33's. i went to repco and they dont know the part number for any replacement so i need help with a part number of any brand of sensor that would be suitable and not cost an arm and a leg.

thanks

Should be the same as long as the thread fits, you will have to rig up the wiring though as with the R33. From memory the the 2 outer wires are negative and the centre wire is positve.

Somebody please post up how to test the o2 sensor as I have narrowed my engines problems down to this or a couple of things.

Do you test it by driving with it unpluged? multimeter?

please help I can not afford mechanic after the cost of my engine replacement!

Don't be fooled into believing that parts for our imported nissan's are hard to come by because they are not! Seriously if u need a new O2 sensor go to Main North Nissan and into the parts area and ask. They will have everything u need and if not they can get it for you.

GoodLuck

go to autobarn. get them to look it up in the NGK book. i know it is in there as a saw it this morning when i ordered one for my r33. cost me $110 for it so its not much more than the el one and is a direct fit.

yeh, im sort of in same boat as ross80. I thought getting 320 k's of a full tank was pretty standard but people saying otherwise so. Was just wondering where abouts the O2 sensor was exactly. I heard you can test it with a multimeter, but i have no idea where to find it.

Its in a rb20det 1989 gts-t type M

thx :O

so how do u test the o2 sensor with a meter? am i looking for some impedence or an open circuit ??

i too am lucky to get 300k's per tank and it runs rich as a mofo dumping smoke at full throttle on high boost

ok this is what i read on how to test the 02 sensor.

on the sensor there are 3 wires, the center one is the one that talks to the ecu the other 2 are just to help heat it up faster. warm the car up with a 10-15min drive then while the car is still hot idle the car at about 2000rmp and put the multimeter on the center wire testing for volts. if it is working correctly it should jump between .3 and .7 volts. it jumps about as the car runs ritch then lean so dont expect a stable reading. it may go higer and lowwer by a bit but around that reading its doing its job.

oh yeah use a digital multimeter for best results.

too easy.