SAU Community

Possible new Event, opinions/interest please.

slip

Bob Jane T-Marts are looking after SAU QLD with discount cards.

My local BJ is the Toombul store, owned by a very enthusiastic bloke named Steve. When I told him what the go was with the club, he took me on a tour of the place, whacked 50 or so VIP discount card in my hand, gave me a discount on my tyres, and talked to me about having a little get together there.

He wants our business, a lot. His store is set up so that no matter how low a car is, it will go over the hoists, as they are sunk into the ground, uses soft rubber chocks, does everything from track cars to XF's etc etc. Very picky with his balancing as well (took great pride in it).

He proposed we could have a meet up there, maybe BBQ and some drinks (light beers only) check out the facility, talk to him about tyres, handling, talk about nitrogen (talked to me about it, very happy he did) and maybe put your car up on the hoist if you want them to have a look at something etc.

The car park is secure and could be blocked off, and the traffic islands are painted on, so no damage to spoilers (the guys a bit of a revhead)

Thats the situation. (jeez i sound like a BJ ad)

Who would be interested in a little meet like this? Thoughts/opinions/interest please.

Guest neoGT-25

hmmmz... ummm i guess :S when we talking about?

i get my new crossmember this week so after its installed ill need an alignment

Guest Variable

Sounds great - I live at Clayfield and it would be good to have someone close by that we can trust and where we can get a good deal.

Guest Boxhead

sounds like a nice guy, i wouldnt mind coming up for a bit of an event then, but a quick question, can the VIP cards be used at any bob jane ??? coz i know a couple of us (me and dave) have a bob jane down here in tweed heads, and travelling to brissy each time for tyres sorta nulifies the discount, but good work slip..

Sounds great.

I here they car do on car wheel balance?

I need that as there are no spacer's small enough to fit my rims.

I'll be in that, Whether any particular branch of BJ's is any good depends on the staff at that branch. If Toombul is good ....I'll go there. I've had work done at the Gaythorn branch and they seem ok

I would be interested in that. I have always used Bob Jane for tyres and stuff. Never had a problem with Taringa, Chermside or the Beenleigh branches. Always found they were always pretty competitive on prices too.

I am up for new tyres soon so I will be keen!

Sounds great. I had already taken my R33 into Steve so it would be ready for the Sprint Day (see thread) and he had a look and gave me some great ideas of what to do with it. I also get my other race tyres from these guys. And yes, they are actually good guys. They certainly have looked after me, and I am sure they will be good for the club too.

Just say the day and I'll be there, providing I am in Bris anyway ;)

Count me in for sure...My alignment never seems to be spot on...Give me the where & when and I'm there - 5 minutes up the road from home :P

Excellent. I'll talk to steve about a date and time.

I have a real ' thing' about tyres, so Im keen as.

boxhead - its only the toombul brance AT THIS STAGE. It's a particularly good place and hes really pushing for it, but im trying to get statewide discount cards.

Slip. I dont want to sound all bitter and twisted at all.. But I got ****ed around by Bob Jane at McGregor (Kessels Road) telling me they knew how to align the wheels on my car when they really didn't have a clue!

They ****ed my alignment and stuffed my tyres which i had to go and buy two new ones. The guy who did the alignment also took it upon himself to kindly test drive my car (revving its tits off down kessel's road) and try out the newly installed boost controller. How kind of him!

Does this "Steve" guy know how to align 4WS cars? I was told that fulcrum are the only ones that know how to align 4WS cars properly.

Maybe you could try and strike up a deal with Fulcrum as well?