SAU Community

Ended! Gb: Gktech Front Mount Kits! $400! Ended!

dezz

hey mate

the front bar on the 33 is held on by 4 screws and about 4-6 clips under the headlights. I've watched my mate justin911 take his off, on the side of the road at 7am...with nothing but a screwdriver and a medicare card...it took him about 5 minutes :O

I'm not sure what dimensions the GTR coolers are, but ill try to find out for you.

Plenty of people have these kits on their skylines though, so it wouldnt be a problem in that respect :)

Let me know if you'd like me to put you on the list.

Cheers

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

When mounting these kits is it necesary to cut my front bar or surrounding metal work?

some people say i will need to cut the guts out of my bar while others say the kits fit direct on without cutting anything.

who is correct?

i know ill have to cut a 3" hole to get the piping through but other then that how hard is it?

i looked behind my front bar and there is a crash bar that runs from the top of the chasis to the bottom that looks like it will be in the way.

will i need to remove this?

if i dont it looks as thought the kit wont fit at all.

cheers

also how do these dimentions compare to the GTR size? not that its all that imporant but I'm looking for a IC that isn't too big however I have no idea when it comes to sizes...

R33 GTR cooler dimensions, thanks to the man Gary, aka Sydney kid

"Hi Michael, the core is 600 X 300 X 65 and the total length (inc end tanks) is 1010 mm."

just out of curiousity, what is the total weight of these kits?

I'll try find that out for you :(

When mounting these kits is it necesary to cut my front bar or surrounding metal work?

some people say i will need to cut the guts out of my bar while others say the kits fit direct on without cutting anything.

who is correct?

i know ill have to cut a 3" hole to get the piping through but other then that how hard is it?

i looked behind my front bar and there is a crash bar that runs from the top of the chasis to the bottom that looks like it will be in the way.

will i need to remove this?

if i dont it looks as thought the kit wont fit at all.

cheers

ok...it does vary from car to car. yes you will need to cut the hole you mentioned for the piping...and may need to trim behind the bar to allow the cooler to fit. i cant say either way, but id say there would be some trimming, which i highly doubt would be visible from the front....so basically it'd look untouched once back on the car...and any cutting behind the bar shouldnt be too major...plenty of people have these kits, and kits exactly like them on 31's, 32's 33's and 34's, with stock bars...so i dont see it being a problem

im in ill take one for an r33gtst. 600x300x76 :woot:

also how long do we have to wait to receive it???

thanks

no worries mate, ill add you to the list.

once i have 10 buyers, ill send a PM to those 10 people requesting payment. once those 10 people have depositied the money, and its in my account, ill buy the 10 and send them out asap. any additional people after the first 10 will get have theirs sent out as soon as i get the money from them.

The $400 you put in my account is being used to buy the actual cooler i send to you....so when the first 10 people give me $400, thats $4000, which will be spent on the coolers, and the postage costs (also paid up front) will be used to send them out to you guys asap :yes:

I think thats all the questions... :wave:

I am very interested in this kit, when would payment be required?

I will give you a definite answer next week, don't add me to the list yet, but I am about 90% sure I will be getting one of these.

payment will be required once there's 10 definite buyers....

those 10 pay, and they'd get their kits soon after i receive the money and send them out

Very interested. Is any chopping up of my front spoiler required? I have almost stock r33 s2. Curious what will be done during install...

How many hours would it take to install by a pro? Wanna work out labour costs..

Thanks!

mate, as mentioned a few times in here already, the extent of modification to your front bar varies from car to car. it should be minimal, and not noticeable what so ever from the front , once the bar is put back on.

labour wise, i think people have said $2-$300 for installation, depending where you take it....but you might be able to save yourself that copule of hundred by having a go at it yourself, with the instructions provided :P

hey mate

the front bar on the 33 is held on by 4 screws and about 4-6 clips under the headlights. I've watched my mate justin911 take his off, on the side of the road at 7am...with nothing but a screwdriver and a medicare card...it took him about 5 minutes :D

I'm not sure what dimensions the GTR coolers are, but ill try to find out for you.

Plenty of people have these kits on their skylines though, so it wouldnt be a problem in that respect :)

Let me know if you'd like me to put you on the list.

Cheers

ok mate...I'm down with one - put me in the list! In no rush cos my car is still at the workshop and will be there for a few weeks. however i have the front bar/reo bar setup for a FMIC already...

cheers