SAU Community

Gtsts' With Gtr Badges On Them What The !

wessa02

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

haha that would be an awesome sleeper!

i own an r31 2door and the dumbmest thing i have ever heard is people coming up to me and asking if it is a gtr too bad they never built a 31 gtr just the gts-r :D

Don't you kiddies have any thing else to do ??? people buy cars with their hard earned cash, they can do what ever they like to them. Get over it kiddies.

Next thing, you will be whinging about, will be the colour people prefer to paint ther cars.

More important things in life to bitch about than what people do with their cars.

Actually the bodies of the GTST and GTR are different the GTR has Flared Guards larger centre tunnel and is slightly wider than a GTST, The prove is when a GTST owner tries to fit a GTR front spoiler kit and it just doesn't quite fit. The performance and ratios between the cars are different obviously and weight. The GTST is alot lighter than the GTR. But to Claim a GTST as GTR with badges is very rice and try hardy! Just like a commodore drive sticking HSV stickers and badges on a crappy VN exec.

It only makes it harder for comodore drives to know what they are beating, they claim GTR but unfortunately it is not! What a pitty the poor bastards don't know the difference!

i own an r31 2door and the dumbmest thing i have ever heard is people coming up to me and asking if it is a gtr too bad they never built a 31 gtr just the gts-r :D

wow,have you got a R31 GTSR?..Im guessing so as you have the Rb20DET in it..is it the red top version?I heard those put out 450hp in race trim with minor mods.

Got a R31 here in NZ with a RB26DETT for sale going for $13K cash!

wow,have you got a R31 GTSR?..Im guessing so as you have the Rb20DET in it..is it the red top version?I heard those put out 450hp in race trim with minor mods.

Got a R31 here in NZ with a RB26DETT for sale going for $13K cash!

no i have a straight gts with the 32 silver top conversion, 2door import, i was just stating that the 31 only brought out gts-r not gtr. theres not a great deal of difference between the gts and gts-r like noodles for exhuast manifold rear wing and part of the front bar are the most noticable features and the intake manifold which is eccs with a special badge on it not like the original red top gts with the nics intake

ok guys im a proud owner of a R33 GTST .. rebaged as a GTR and heck proud of it for what it is.For me its like driving my GTR ( which i also own) but without the high insurance prices , not having to worry about some idoit scratchin my paint (catanua splash halaqin) and lesser attention from cops, i think anyone who owns a skyline can do as they please it is their money and time .. heck ive seen r31 Pintara's with GTR badges on them...

I am all for body modifications, they make and break the look of a car. If you like a GT-R kit, wing, panels, whatever, by all means do it. These are just austhetic things in my eyes, ways to improve the look of a car.

However; A badge is an item of identification. I firmly believe that a badge only belongs on the item it represents, never on a lookalike or wannabe representation, no matter how close or accurate such a representation is. Doing so detracts from the authenticity of the genuine article. If you buy a GTS-T, be happy with what you bought or don't buy it. If you want a GT-R so badly, save your money and buy one. Don't buy something you're not happy with then try to badge it what you WOULD be happy with, imo you're just ripping off the people who put in the hard yards and sacrafice to own the car they really love.

Just to clarify, I own an R32 GTS-T, not a GT-R. I also think that alot of GT-R owners think they are better than GTS-T owners, which is not the case. I do believe that owning a GT-R has a special something to it, and badging a GTS-T as a GT-R steals from that. That special something doesn't make the person any better, but the car should be allowed to be recognised for what it is without being cheapened by bad knockoffs.

Just my 2c.

Ben.

Wondering what peoples views are on that black 4 door R33 GTR replica that was in HPI. For those that dont know it was a 4 door GTS that was painstakingly made into a 4 door R33 GTR replica. I believe he had to wreck a perfectly good 2 door GTR to make it as well (a vspec too from memory!).

I am all for body modifications, they make and break the look of a car. If you like a GT-R kit, wing, panels, whatever, by all means do it. These are just austhetic things in my eyes, ways to improve the look of a car.

However; A badge is an item of identification. I firmly believe that a badge only belongs on the item it represents, never on a lookalike or wannabe representation, no matter how close or accurate such a representation is. Doing so detracts from the authenticity of the genuine article. If you buy a GTS-T, be happy with what you bought or don't buy it. If you want a GT-R so badly, save your money and buy one. Don't buy something you're not happy with then try to badge it what you WOULD be happy with, imo you're just ripping off the people who put in the hard yards and sacrafice to own the car they really love.

Just to clarify, I own an R32 GTS-T, not a GT-R. I also think that alot of GT-R owners think they are better than GTS-T owners, which is not the case. I do believe that owning a GT-R has a special something to it, and badging a GTS-T as a GT-R steals from that. That special something doesn't make the person any better, but the car should be allowed to be recognised for what it is without being cheapened by bad knockoffs.

Just my 2c.

Ben.

is this mr remfry with the maroon 32 :D

Spotted a Blue R33 series 1 with GTR badge in Hawkins Nursery on Sunday...you know who you are...

You may laugh at a pulsar pulling a skid but your pulling yourself that your car is worthy of such a badge considering how badly it ran...

I so should have ripped it off...

As a GTR owner it's people creating demand for GTR badges whichs cause's GTR owners the most pain, especially when a Ligit GTR get's Badged and you see your badges on a poorly modified GTST. I am only speking from experience!

It is one of the most aggreivating things to have happen to me, and really makes it worse when they scratch the F**k'n duco.

The next time I see a GTST with GTR badges I will be taking them back. and saving myself $300 for a full set of badges.