SAU Community

Qld News Chan 7

arbess

I don't know if they left her there in the car or not but apparently they (the guys) were found at the near by golf club - not sure how far away this is but from the sounds of it, its pretty close to where the car was found.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They said something about the guys returning to the scene and one of them collapsing from a rib injury or something.

Maybe it's got something to do with the passenger door locking and the drivers one not locking while driving? Meaning the driver and rear passenger could get out but the passenger door was locked, therefor not enabling her to easily open the door to escape.

Either way, it's pretty gutless to run away and leave your girlfriend die in the car. From the reports, the cops didn't even know there was someone else in the car until they pulled the car out of the lake.

Yet another display of an innocent life being taken by stupidity.

such a waste of a young life, poor girls family...

I can not work out HOW the hell the 2 guys got out, one of them would of had to of been in the back, so would of had to climb right past the girl in the front seat to get out him self...

I know its a fellow skyline driver BUT I hope they get whats coming to them for being cowards & letting the girl drown...

Firstly condolences to the girl and her family, an absolutely terrible tragedy that didn't need to happen

Secondly I agree with Mike.

I have noticed over the last 4 years of owning lines that the cheaper Skyline's get, the more the cowardly moronish scumbags of the earth seem to gravitate towards them.

It's almost gettting to the stage that I am embarrassed to be seen in the r33. I guess thats why I drive the V35 most of the time now, because the dickhead factor is non-existant and the cop hassle is also non existant.

A big thankyou to the cocksmokers that have ruined a great name in motor sports and have caused the death and injury of so many innocent people!!

/rant

Firstly condolences to the girl and her family, an absolutely terrible tragedy that didn't need to happen

Secondly I agree with Mike.

I have noticed over the last 4 years of owning lines that the cheaper Skyline's get, the more the cowardly moronish scumbags of the earth seem to gravitate towards them.

It's almost gettting to the stage that I am embarrassed to be seen in the r33. I guess thats why I drive the V35 most of the time now, because the dickhead factor is non-existant and the cop hassle is also non existant.

A big thankyou to the cocksmokers that have ruined a great name in motor sports and have caused the death and injury of so many innocent people!!

/rant

i have the same feeling some times.... im ashamed when i have to tell ppl i drive a skyline, specially a R33 when you see the reactions in their faces... as soon as you mention the name, you are considered to be in the hoon category....... and now i know y a lot of people dont want GTR R33, instead they go to R32 or R34.

Have they released the name of the girl yet?

I hope it wasn't my cousin :P She's from up rocky way and loves skylines.... around the right age too :ermm:

I'm sure i would have heard by now though...

*fingers crossed it wasn't her*

I live in Maryborough and work at an import car yard. The cops do not leave us and our customers alone. They pick on skylines all the time for no reason. They write out tickets which are absolute bullshit and then we ring them and they take the ticket back cause they can't do anyting about it.

There are many stories about what happened in the accident and my mate towed the vehicle out but apparantly the girl was in the back seat.

The cops are trying to cover there arses because they were in a high speed pursuit in a residential area and they were just picking on the car because it was a skyline.

Now someone is dead because of it.

Edited by GDZILR

At the end of the day though, these people refused to stop for the police, and then went on a high speed run while being pursued by the cops. So the blame and result lies squarely with them.

In general I think it's a bit stupid to assume cops never get carried away with the chase, and/or make mistakes in some situations. What wouldn't be more exciting than chasing after somebody in a high speed pursuit? with the law on your side, knowing you can go as fast as you like, and at the end of the day, you're not the one going to jail/facing years of license suspension, etc?

I know all cops wouldn't have that attitude... but there are some.

Shouldnt he be charged with manslaughter aswell. this is appauling just leaving her there even if she didnt die from drowning. if he gets off with just driving charges then thats a joke...my opinion anyways...

It's always sad when someone dies, especially when it could/should have been avoided..

With all this anti Skyline news going around it might be time to steal an idea from "Gun advocates" and get some stickers made up...

SKYLINES don't kill people, people kill people :D

Looks like the chase only went for 19 seconds guys - I don't think anyone in their right minds can blame the cops in this instance...

From http://www.thecouriermail.news.com.au/stor...98-3102,00.html

Officers miss corpse

Patrick Watson and Renee Viellaris

May 23, 2006

A WOMAN who died just minutes after a police pursuit in Maryborough yesterday remained in the submerged car for an hour before officers realised she was there.

The death of the female passenger, 20, will be considered a death in custody – as are all fatal police pursuits – and likely be the subject of a coronial inquiry.

Police last night charged the vehicle's driver, 23, with dangerous driving causing death but were unable to confirm whether the victim died on impact or drowned.

Police said the officers involved did not have time to advise their communications room of the chase – as required under police policy – because it lasted only 19 seconds.

Police alleged at 1.18am police tried to pull over a car for a random breath test but the driver failed to stop and drove away at high speed.

In a statement to The Courier-Mail yesterday, police said the officers pursued the car for 19 seconds before stopping because of the high speeds and the manner the vehicle was being driven.

It is alleged the driver hit a kerb, lost control of the car and landed in Ululah Lagoon after the pursuit had been called off.

"As police had not followed the vehicle, they were not aware of the driver losing control and going into the lake until information was received from a member of the public reporting a loud crash about 1.23am," the statement said.

However, even though police entered the lake they did not realise the woman was in the car until a tow truck began removing the vehicle at 2.20am.

"Information was later received about the two occupants of the vehicle and police investigations resulted in this afternoon's arrest."

The matter will be investigated by the Queensland Police Service's Ethical Standards Command.

The fatal crash yesterday was the second police pursuit in two days and comes three years after the Crime and Misconduct Commission said it was encouraged by QPS's speed chase policies but recommended it examine the need for pursuits.

On Sunday morning the driver of a Holden Commodore lost control on the Inner City Bypass at Kelvin Grove and ran into a concrete dividing wall.

Police said they stopped pursuing the car before it crashed at 2.41am. Inside the vehicle they found a 12-month-old girl in a child seat.

The child was unhurt, but was taken to the Royal Children's Hospital and the driver, 25, was taken to hospital with serious but non life-threatening injuries.

He is expected to be charged with dangerous operation of a motor vehicle and other traffic offences, police said.

Two passengers, 25 and 16, had injuries that are not believed to be serious.

Police said several police units observed the vehicle during a 30 minute period and separate pursuits began and were terminated. Each lasted between one and two minutes.

Police pursuits are carried out only when the known circumstances can justify a pursuit and it's unlikely that identifying or apprehending the occupants of the pursued vehicle can be done later.

Police Minister Judy Spence last month introduced penalties of up to $15,000 or three years' jail for drivers who evade police.

wonder if he wants to sell his car :D for bits, including his girlfriend

did u think people would laugh or somethin.. u dont joke about that you gay cvnt..

RIP

Edited by GRiM_05

better slogan for the sticker would be

"skylines don't kill people, idiots with a licence kill people."

they need to make it much harder to get a licence. when i got mine you could only get 3 strikes against you, now you can get 7 or 8, and they blame the kids for being bad drivers, and the fact that they give these idiots a licence has nothing to do with it.... (not laying the blame on the government but they could certainly help with the problem)

there is/was a thing on a current affair or 60 minutes where a cop reakons his own daughter shouldn't have been given a licence. she was speeding during her test and still passed.

better slogan for the sticker would be

"skylines don't kill people, idiots with a licence kill people."

they need to make it much harder to get a licence. when i got mine you could only get 3 strikes against you, now you can get 7 or 8, and they blame the kids for being bad drivers, and the fact that they give these idiots a licence has nothing to do with it.... (not laying the blame on the government but they could certainly help with the problem)

there is/was a thing on a current affair or 60 minutes where a cop reakons his own daughter shouldn't have been given a licence. she was speeding during her test and still passed.

I dont mean to be stupid but, what does everything think about the standard driving test? It used to be driving tester policy to fail young boys at least the first time to knock the confidence out of them. Regardless of how good a driver they were.

Lets say 3 strikes. Hit the curb reverse parking. Not quite stopping at a stop sign (which is actually an instant fail) missing a shoulder check to your left while going round a left hand corner (god knows why), that sort of petty stuff. If you do it all, it doesnt mean you can drive a car, it means you know the road laws. There is a major difference.

The testing is not up to scratch, neither is the training. Banning cars, and lower speed limits (eg NSW) for P platers is stupid too. I would rather have someone teaching someone how to do highway speed rather than one day they come up to QLD and BAM 110kmh.

When the government pulls their finger out and realises bans and fines dont work, and training does they will start to seriously bring the road toll down. As Joel from SDT says on his site 'The more you know about driving, the slower you will go'.

PS Im not having a whine, I am in the process of trying to do something about it.

I dont mean to be stupid but, what does everything think about the standard driving test? It used to be driving tester policy to fail young boys at least the first time to knock the confidence out of them. Regardless of how good a driver they were.

Lets say 3 strikes. Hit the curb reverse parking. Not quite stopping at a stop sign (which is actually an instant fail) missing a shoulder check to your left while going round a left hand corner (god knows why), that sort of petty stuff. If you do it all, it doesnt mean you can drive a car, it means you know the road laws. There is a major difference.

The testing is not up to scratch, neither is the training. Banning cars, and lower speed limits (eg NSW) for P platers is stupid too. I would rather have someone teaching someone how to do highway speed rather than one day they come up to QLD and BAM 110kmh.

When the government pulls their finger out and realises bans and fines dont work, and training does they will start to seriously bring the road toll down. As Joel from SDT says on his site 'The more you know about driving, the slower you will go'.

PS Im not having a whine, I am in the process of trying to do something about it.

I don;t know how long ago you're talking but I passed mine first go, 13 yeards ago.