SAU Community

GTR's back at Bathurst !!

MIKGTR

PROCAR has released the eligibility schedule for the PROCAR 24 Hour at Bathurst on 16/17 November and in Group 1 they allow "ALL Japan GT cars" !!!

We can only hope the factory teams from Japan enter, would be awesome to see the factory GTR's and Supra's running around the mountain !!!

Dream on guys....The GTR and Supra are Far to heavy and no ones gonna spend the money getting them competitive with the guys that have already sorted out there cars. Ferrari, Porsche,Diablo and even the Vipers(well maybe not) will go there with a big advantage. Procar won't have time to evaluate the competiveness of the Supra or the GTR and then have them alter anything in time. Our only hope is reliablity.

Neil.

• 3 weeks later...

Well,,,,looks like interest in this race is on the up.....

Euro's leading S/Tourer Alfa 156

Bmw M Coupe

German Skyline GTR

Pommy Porsche GT3R

Pommy Porsche GT3 x 2

US Honda Integra

Pommy TVR Tuscan

and some more.

This could turn out to be an interesting Race,,,,,Channel 7 is apparently covering it.....

Neil.

Originally posted by ndr

Procar won't have time to evaluate the competiveness of the Supra or the GTR and then have them alter anything in time. Our only hope is reliablity.

Neil.

ndr : PROCAR have already evaluated the competiveness of the "All Japan GT" GTR's and Supras etc thats why they have announced that these cars can enter !!

The 24 hour race is meant to be a proper open race using established international classes not just a contrived "Nations Cup" formula.

Originally posted by MIKGTR

ndr : PROCAR have already evaluated the competiveness of the "All Japan GT" GTR's and Supras etc thats why they have announced that these cars can enter !!

The 24 hour race is meant to be a proper open race using established international classes not just a contrived "Nations Cup" formula.

Yea thats all well and good,,,,but what I was actually saying was,,,the current crop of Nation Cup cars,,,,which a GTR was one of them and not competitive,,,,have had a couple of years of development in this country,,,ie Viper's Brakes,,,Ferrari's got something (can't remember) and what is the Lambo doing with a camera as a rear vision Mirror....The Ferrari has as mad Roll cage,,,3 huge intrusion bars with cross bracings,,,,. Do you know if there are any Jap GTR's or Supra's coming?. I can't find any,,,Just a lone German GTR.

Neil.

It is a pretty expensive business to ship the cars out here and run them, so they had to keep the eligibility pretty open so they could get sufficient entries - they are trying to get a field of 80 :eek: cars with 4-5 drivers each - this makes it a very big investment.

It seems that a lot of the interested teams are having difficulties finding local drivers who can afford a drive - at this stage there are a lot of teams still offering places.

I'm goin to the race, driving over with two other lads for it. Adelaide/Clipsal 500 is really good and the V8Supercars is not bad, but the perpetuation of the Holden v Ford thing is wearing a bit thin these days. To see (and hear) the variety of engines, V12s, V8s, 8.0L and turbos etc is what GT cars is all about.

Might have to take plenty of tissues with me!

Good to see you and your mates do the treck up and over here Freebaggin,,,,,,You will get to see Monaro's getting their butt's kicked as well,,,,Thats worth the admission fee alone....

Neil.

• 3 months later...

A thread back from the dead!

So, you guys still coming across for this? I was thinking about running up on Sunday to catch the end after the race at Oran Park on Sat.

TV schedules been released, channel 7:

SATURDAY, NOVEMBER 16: 3.30 pm – 5.00 pm

SUNDAY, NOVEMBER 17: 2.30 pm – 4.30 pm

The downside is the only Nissan on the entry list is Nathan Pilkington's new 350z. There's entries for 3 200sx s, but no driver's nominated so I don't think they are starters (although I heard the price was on $20K, so if someone's got some money they dont need........)

My money's on the Porsche GT3-Rs, they have had plenty of 24hr experience and will be reliable.

Originally posted by Duncan

My money's on the Porsche GT3-Rs, they have had plenty of 24hr experience and will be reliable.

Money well invested Duncan,,,,I'm with you!!!!.

We'll be there for the Start,,,don't know how long we'll stay though,,,might even do the whole thing,,,with a little sleep in the car.

Neil.

It'll be great to see the new Monaro on the track.... all I've seen around in the past couple of months is these strange looking two door commodores.......

:lol:

My money is unfortunately also on the porche, it would be nice to see Nathan get up though.

Originally posted by Kel

It'll be great to see the new Monaro on the track.... all I've seen around in the past couple of months is these strange looking two door commodores.......

:lol:

My money is unfortunately also on the porche, it would be nice to see Nathan get up though.

Hey Kel,,,you better get there early if ya gonna see the Monaro,,,Life exceptancy should be about 2 hours,,,if it's lucky...Testing time has been about 10 laps of Calder and what ever has been done since,,,which from what I'm told is next to nothing....

GO Gentleman JIM,,,,,,

Neil.

We're still goin! Leaving 3:00am, will take approx 12hrs:o

Want to catch the qualifying, if we can stay awake until 10pm!

Staying at Panorama Hotel. Anyone hangin around after the race? PM me if you want to join some drunken Crow Eaters :(

Originally posted by Duncan

TV schedules been released, channel 7:

SATURDAY, NOVEMBER 16:   3.30 pm – 5.00 pm

SUNDAY, NOVEMBER 17: 2.30 pm – 4.30 pm

How much did THAT suck??? (not the race, the coverage :) )

1 1/2 hrs...pffft...I was reminded by someone that this race was on, so i switched on the tv thinking awesome!! just getting into it and then it ends ;):D

won't be able to watch the WHOLE TWO HOURS they're showing tomorrow, so i guess that's all I get to see :D

Anyway, i hope you ppl who went had fun! I've seen a few updates...saw the ferrari had to do an engine swap, guess its got a bit of catching up to do now!! LOL

Well, that race didn't go to plan! The porsche crashed overtaking a slower car, and came back too late to take on the Monaro, which incredibly survived to the end and won!

Nissan 350z came 19, 200sxs came 20 and 23. It was a great survival rate, I think only 10 cars crashed/retired all day.

Full credit to the Monaro, as much as it wasn't really 'production material', hey neither was the Mosler...

But to have the car finished ten days before the race and then go on and win is definantly something good! Hopefully we can see some GTRRRRs there sometime soon

Paul Paul