How To Fix Missfire Problem

MKDR33

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

do the job properly and get splitfires ;)

some of us are students and must survive on rice and soy sauce to keep the beast running :rofl:

btw if you gonna use the silicon sealer make sure you use the industrial grade stuff like MKDR33 said, as the normal silicon wont withstand high temperatures.

This stuff withstand up to 205c i hope it doesnt get much hotter than that in engine bay

i've attached a picture, a bit dark but should help. It cost just under $11 in bunnings, can't go wrong m8

:rofl:

post-29560-1156003898.jpg

The tape will shrink after a while... the only repair solution is the Industrial Grade Silicone... it has been way over 6 months since i have done my coil packs and (knock on wood) there is no misfire to be seen..

Edited by QRI05E

what part do you silicon on the s1 coils? do you have to leave the metal bit that bolts down clean or just soak it in the sh*t? i pulled my engine apart last night thought the timing belt jumped a tooth but after spendin 5 hours pullin things apart only thing left is the coils

what part do you silicon on the s1 coils? do you have to leave the metal bit that bolts down clean or just soak it in the sh*t? i pulled my engine apart last night thought the timing belt jumped a tooth but after spendin 5 hours pullin things apart only thing left is the coils

i have left the metal brace clean, this does not affect the coilpack, but if you are soaking them you might aswell soak the whole coilpack..

• 3 weeks later...

yeh, i didnt have to regap neither, but this fellow reckons he is still getting missfires, unless its running too rich, maybe he should try regap them just incase..

also its a good idea to regap if ur thinking of running over 12psi boost..

Edited by MKDR33

• 2 weeks later...

whereabouts are the cracks generally, and how far across does the tape need to go?any reason why not to tape around that whole section of the coil?pics would be much appreciiated, still dont quite know where to tape, and will be doing in the weekend again

cheers

whereabouts are the cracks generally, and how far across does the tape need to go?any reason why not to tape around that whole section of the coil?pics would be much appreciiated, still dont quite know where to tape, and will be doing in the weekend again

cheers

dude ive added pics on page 1 of this thread..

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/in...howtopic=119403

yeh i know that mate, i mean does the tape go all e way around the coil or just around the cracked bit?also in the pics i dont se any cracks???

They are hairline, you can barely see them. Get a magnifying glass and they should be more obvious. Tape the entire thing to be sure, a few wraps around every bit of it. Often there is blueish scalding there from the heat.