SAU Community

Some Bolt On Turbo's?

Hey guys.

Ok I'm aware of the HKS GT2530, 35 and 40 turbo's are a direct bolt on to the stock manifold, they also bolt to the turbo extension (stock or aftermarket) and even allow you to use the stock oil/coolant feed and return lines.

I was wondering what other choices are available that bolt up AND can use the stock lines/fittings? I am looking for around 350 - 400rwhp when everything is all said and done. No worries as I'm aware of whats needed, modifications wise, to get there but it's only turbo selection that I am not familiar with other then the HKS units I mentioned above.

Mainly my car is going to be used for daily driving/drifting so quick spool is prefered but at the same time, I don't want it to crap out at 5000rpm's. Periodically I may do the odd drag/track day too so "hopefully" the turbo will be ok for that too. Any pic's or links would be appreciated.

Thanks everyone.

Cheers :rofl:

Edited by sidewazegtst

300rwkw (400rwhp) and quick spool are something that you cant put into the same sentence as RB20 im afraid

If you set your goal to 350rwhp as a MAX... then maybe some of the Apexi/IHI/KKK/Trust turbos can come into play?

Not sure if they are bolt on however.

Personally i dont see why you cant use a HKS, or the Garrett equivalent.

Tried and proven generally is a good way to go. If there was something better on the market, people would be using it :P

Oh by no means do I expect the turbo to be making full boost at 3000rpm's or something like that. I just don't want to have it fully come on by mid 5000rpm's ish.

I also have not ruled out using the HKS GT2535 as an upgrade, I was just curious what other choices I have that bolt up and use the stock lines. further what turbo may be pretty much ideal for what my plans are.

why limit your choices because of possibly $200 max worth of water and oil lines???

choose the turbo that meets your requirements and do what is needed, otherwise you'll be unhappy with it.

plenty of the garret/hks turbos will fit, and adpater plates are available to allow you to keep the std manifold..

I think you guys missunderstand what I'm asking.

Really I am not limiting myself at all, I was just curious if there's other options out there besides the HKS ones I mentioned. Having them just bolt right up and using stock lines/fittings is a bonus and does save hassle and extra money needing to be spent.

The HKS GT2535 should do what I want and be realible however, is there other brands out there that do the same and bolt up the same is what I was cursious about.

HKS turbo's I hope you know are EXTREAMLY expensive..$3000 plus. And also must be run more boost (HOTTER) to run the same amount of power output as say.. Garrett. PLus Garrett are HALF the price on avg.

The GT-RS in my perspective is the best choice for RB20. Good for daily,drifting and drag.

http://uniqueautosports.com/ <- Direct Bolt on Kits for RB20's

HKS : $4500

COMPLETE BOLT ON KIT INCLUDING:

HKS GT-RS TURBINE

HKS INTERNAL WASTEGATE ACTUATOR

NESSESARY HOSES

INLET AND OUTLET PIPES

ALL REQUIRED LINES & FITTINGS

EXCELLENT POWER UPGRADE FOR SKYLINE R32 & R33 GTS-T

ITS: $2750

ITS TURBOCHARGER FOR SKYLINE R32/R33 GTS-T

COMPLETE KIT INCLUDING ALL WATER AND OIL LINES AND DRAIN. BOLTS STRAIGHT ON TO FACTORY MANIFOLD & DUMP PIPE. GOOD FOR APPROXIMATELY 260KW AT THE WHEELS

Thats perfect and what I want to find out about. :P

As for price, well my car is fully sponsored so I don't pay for any parts but that being said if I can find options that will save some coin that will work out great.

I appreciate the link man, thanks again.

Cheers :D