SAU Community

Best car you've owned?

I know there isn't a reason for me to post this as we all know the afterburners can't be beaten. But just for boredoms sake, name the best car you have owned and give a reason why.

Me: '95 Nissan Skyline GTS25T

Why: I've only ever owned 3 cars ('85 Laser, '97 MX-6) but I can't imagine anything giving me as much joy as the Skyline has. Aus spec cars are toys as far as I'm concerned.

You know, I did skydiving last year and there was a disclaimer that went something like this. 'We are not held responsible for loss of quality/enjoyment of life' What this means is that once you try skydiving, everything else will seem s**t compared to it. Nissan should have a disclaimer like this. :mrgreen:

Can you imagine owning a Ford (unless its a Mustang -drool-) or a Holden after having a Skyline. I sure as hell can't.

Guest Diabolik1

Ive only ever had 2 cars....

My first car was an '88 AE82 Corolla, and even though i liked it, it wasnt really me.....

Then i bought the R33 and am loving it...definately the best car i ever had...

Ive driven my brother's '93 Celica....and even though it went OK, i didnt like it.....so the Skyline beats all !!!!!!

Speaking of high insurance fees... I am currently in the market for a new car. Being at uni, $5,000 per year premiums are out of the question. Ive found the NRMA will insure a driver with 5 years of clean driving history as a 50% no claim bonus driver. Fantastic for me, but I want to get a car that the NRMA isnt going to like. So if anyone knows of an insurance company that meets the following criteria, please email me [email protected]

Cheers,

Ben

1) Must insure imports

2) Must allow modifications

3) Must base driver rating on years of driving, not on years with policy held.

4) must insure for agreed value

Guest Daihatsu_Dude

Best car for me would have to be my first, 1989 Nissan Pulsar Vector Ti, Gezzz it was a beast, I do miss it but i do not regreat getting rid of it.

Im happy with the Terios and hopfully soon it will become Australia's Loudest Small 4WD!

Well I have only owned (and still have) 2 cars.

My Alfa 33 and my Skyline 32 - must have athins for 30's.

I would have to say the Skyline is the nicer/better car but I love my Alfa also.

Yeah, Christian told me about all the guys he has used in the past, or is currently using. I just cant seem to find one that does all the things I want. I can find some that do things, and some that do others. Maybe if I could ask them all to join forces, and make a special company just for me................

Best car....

My list is

89 Laser Ghia with big "sick" system

98 Starlet with lots of mods...(cop bait)

97 200sx S14 ( i miss her so)

and now

#drum roll#

1996 R33 Series 2 Skyline

/END SUB

I was a Holden man all my life , then one night a mate's mate brings over his 93 GTS25t and the rest is history...

1st: LC Torana GTRXU1 replica (not bad for first car)

2nd: LH Torana V8

3rd: VK 6cyl commodore

4th: VN SV3800 (an HSV from 1989 and a 6cyl!WTF!it was crap)

5th: 88 Toyota Celica (FWD, OUCH, I learn't my lesson)

Currently: ECR33 GTS25t

next up: ECR34 GT-T

my fastest car was myold group 3 brock 13.5 @ 105 mph

my skyline is coming a close second and I should have it in to the low 13's if I do all the mods I want. then it will be the best.

the toughest as it standing abuse was my 450 sel benz they are desigen to get you home regardless as long as you have fuel try driving 20 klms with no exhaust manifold!1

or no oil in the transmission on a dead fuel pump it always got us home but fark it was dear for parts 3k for an exhaust manifold s/hand 1500

got one made for 800 ;_)

meggala