SAU Community

252wkw On My New R33

Hi Guys,

i just bought my second r33 about amonth ago, i no longer have the first one,

anyway i thought it would be good if i could get your feed back and tell me what you guys think or what i should do next and what is safe for my car,

someone told me the turbo is a gtrs turbo and someone else told me its not all tho its a ballbearing turbo but

not a gtrs, is got hybrid front mount and HKS EVC, am runing on 1.1bars and it gave me 252kw at the last tuning i did, so am assuming the car is got stock everything i mean as in, shafts, cam gears, coils, injectors, i think the sparksplugs are gapped otherwise i would have back firing like hell but i dont. i bought it from an importer who dont know much about what the car is got.

the car is a 97 ser II, doing 72Kms

so what you guys think is this safe or should i change a few things,

if you need more info about the car let me know

Thankx in advance

Sorry guys am still new to this,

is got an F-Con-V Pro, 3" from cat-back and 2" or 2.5" from turbo to cat

standard fuel pump

standard injectors alltho they r purple in colour, thats what the tuner told me

am assuming the turbo is a Garret GT860rs, is that a ballbearing turbo..?

i've just tuned the car 2 weeks ago it was heaps rich b4, but now its all good, the tuner said its all good just dnt boost it more then 1.1bars, i dont want more then 250kw atm, i hardly use it anyway

so what you think anything else needs to be done..?

Marckus

yep im with ash, get afr's checked, make sure its safe

then find out what hardware you've got

you should find out

what turbo

what ecu

what injectors

what fuel pump

so it does. you might expect a bit more, but it sounds about right to me.

i just got 233rwkw from a t3/4, motec, 15psi, bigger fuel system (everything), full 3" exhaust, fmic.

as long as your fuel system is up to it, sounds like a pretty sweet package. you might want to do a surge tank setup.

Is it worth contacting the previous owner mate maybe he knows if it were me id want to know all the details. it say it would have to have after market injectors, fuel pump and posibly afm.

he must have a bigger fuel pump to be getting 250rwkw+ out of it.. the stock fuel pump shouldnt be pushed for more then 240rwkw.. im getting 232rwkw with GT2530, SAFCII, 3" split turbo back, custom manifold, POD @ 16psi and my stock fuel pump was starting to max out..

[quote name='slip' surge tank setup.

surge tank setup..?

Is it worth contacting the previous owner mate maybe he knows if it were me id want to know all the details. it say it would have to have after market injectors, fuel pump and posibly afm.

I bought it from an importer first driver in Aus

my brain must be programmed to ignore it when i read it i think that lowly of them :)

Sorry i did edit the post after your first comment

he must have a bigger fuel pump to be getting 250rwkw+ out of it.. the stock fuel pump shouldnt be pushed for more then 240rwkw.. im getting 232rwkw with GT2530, SAFCII, 3" split turbo back, custom manifold, POD @ 16psi and my stock fuel pump was starting to max out..

if you say so, because it actually gave me 262rwks on 1.2 bars and the tuner said lets leave it on 1.1 and 252Rwkw, just to be safe,

When i boost it a cloud of black smoke come out, so am assuming because is got stock injectors and stock fuel pumb they are working at 100% 110% to produce that power,,..? could be possible..

Thankx for your comments so far guys

a typical surge tank setup would be your standard fuel pump pumping fuel into a mini tank in the boot, and then a higher flowing aftermarket fuel pump sending the fuel to the fuel rail/injectors. This way theres always fuel available in that little tank, the stock pump just keeps it topped up, and the big pump gives you enough flow to safely make that power. youll be able to find heaps of pics if you do a google search, or look in "time for na power, the wait is over" thread in the NA performance section on this site.