Need Insurance? Want Cheaper Insurance?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 904
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi there. I'm in Sydney and getting quotes on a 93 model R33gtst 4door. Live in a good suburb and car in a garage at night.

JCI - $1650 or $1750 with minor mods (Full no claim bonus with AAMI..70%) - 23 yo. 5-6 years driving, no accidients, no tickets (hoping to stay this way :D).

My Dad rang up - 58 odd yo and full ncb etc. Without declaring me on the policy it was still $1400 with no mods! I've heard other guys on here that are 30 yo with insurance just below the 1k mark etc.

Should I try elders or torque. Are they as reputable as Just car?

Dont know why just car aren't giving me a great deal :)

thanks

Just tried a qoute from Famous, under my 50 yo dads name with me (23 no bad record, no claims) as a nominated driver 25% of the time.

Premium of $3100 with $1000 excess ($2000 if its my fault) on a 95' skyline gtst totally stock except for exhaust and pod filter.

What a joke. This is even with SATRAK installed. Insurance companies don't like me for some reason. Think i'll stick with satrak, and 3rd party property + fire + theft.

I hate all insurance companies

• 2 weeks later...

I go a qoute from Just Cars, 94 R33 GTS-T, modded, full comp: $2000, excess $1500, theft$1000 excess. Covered for all mods and agreed value. Third party was $608 but only covered on fire and theft up to $5000. Unlike most of you guys I am in a country town, about 4 hours from Melbourne. I am 20 no claims, no fines, rating 4 I think. I will be going with Just Cars.

Atreyu... my renewal with famous just came up - so i thought i would give Just Cars a crack... anyways, they want 4500 from me... im 21 perfect history no mods. Ive been insured for 3 years, 2 years with my skyline. But live in sydney... i still think they are excessive... but man - if u got that quote - go for it, im getting a very similar quote with famous, and i have two other ppl on the quote as well!

good luck -

as chris rock says...

insurance should be callled... IN CASE SHIT HAPPENS

cuaz, in case shit dont happen, shouldnt i get my money back??????

• 2 weeks later...

From what i have read in this forum, it has just made me a little worried, i payed $1750 for insurance with just cars, for a 96 r33-II and i dont know if i have any restrictions on distance i can drive and i dont know all the finer details that i have read here.

insurance companies are painfull.

hey croatiandelite, before i bought my car i got a few quotes on 93 r33 gtst (same conditions as u except i'm 23) because thats what i thought i was gonna buy. I got a quote of $1900 from just cars (i have no driving records and i quoted as a fairly stock unit)

try again maybe

Just got 3 quotes on Skylines from Just Cars... All had std $450 excesses plus more excesses on top - see below.

$1,168 with for an R34 GT-t with several mods - Rating 1 60%NCB, low risk suburb with no bad history, 29 years old.

• An additional excess of $700 applies to this policy. This excess is in addition to any other excesses and will need to be paid on every claim.

• An additional excess of $400 applies to your policy due to the modifications to your car. This excess will need to be contributed to each claim for loss or damage, including theft.

• The following item(s) must be fitted to your car for your car to be covered in the event of theft or attempted theft: AUST STD 2PT IMMOBILISER.

• An additional excess of $700 applies and will need to be paid on any claim arising from the theft or attempted theft of this vehicle.

For an R33 GTS-T it was $1096 with the following endorsements:

• An additional excess of $700 applies to this policy. This excess is in addition to any other excesses and will need to be paid on every claim.

• The following item(s) must be fitted to your car for your car to be covered in the event of theft or attempted theft: AUST STANDARD 2PT IMMOBILISER.

• An additional excess of $700 applies and will need to be paid on any claim arising from the theft or attempted theft of this vehicle.

An R33 GTR was $1,929.

An additional excess of $1000 applies to this policy. This excess is in addition to any other excesses and will need to be paid on every claim.

• An additional excess of $700 applies to the MAG WHEELS noted on your policy. This excess will need to be contributed to each claim for loss or damage (including theft) of these accessories. This excess is in addition to any other excess.

• An additional excess of $400 applies to your policy due to the modifications to your car. This excess will need to be contributed to each claim for loss or damage, including theft.

• The following item(s) must be fitted to your car for your car to be covered in the event of theft or attempted theft: AUSTRALIAN STD 2PT IMMOBILISER.

• An additional excess of $1000 applies and will need to be paid on any claim arising from the theft or attempted theft of this vehicle.

That boils down to a hugely excessive claim cost for an older & (on paper) a low risk driver.

I might try Famous, but don't like the sound of the 11pm curfew - I usually am not driving after 11pm, but what if I was rushing to take my partner to hospital at 3am & crashed. What, no insurance payout?!?!

man thats not a bad lot of quotes. Guess the extra few years help. What a pain.

I don''t trust famous as far as i could kick em. Pretty much only covered during peak hours, if the sun is in the right quadrant of the sky, theres no rain, and there's noone else on the roads within 15 metres of your car!!

But then again i dont trust any insurance companies....can anyone taste the bitterness?? :Paranoid:

• 2 weeks later...

Well I just signed up with Famous Clasic Insurance - What a F@#K AORUND!!!

The hummed & ha'd about sh!t, were unclear about my qns & could not confirm whether the "standard" claim excess was the final figure or whether they charge extra for a stolen claim. When I insisted on knowing, the answer was "You need to pay for the policy before this can be confirmed". What a friggin' joke!!

They time-wasted me & said they would fax thru documentatio in 20 mins. After 4 phone calls, they said 30 mins & it ended taking a FURTHER 2 hrs.

Not sure what kinda show they are running there, but I hope they pay out (if req'd) a lot simpler than when they sign you up.

Just Cars I have been with for 3 yrs & they have nowhere near the problems & indecisiveness as Famous.

Well I just signed up with Famous Clasic Insurance - What a F@#K AORUND!!!

The hummed & ha'd about sh!t, were unclear about my qns & could not confirm whether the "standard" claim excess was the final figure or whether they charge extra for a stolen claim.  When I insisted on knowing, the answer was "You need to pay for the policy before this can be confirmed".  What a friggin' joke!!

They time-wasted me & said they would fax thru documentatio in 20 mins.  After 4 phone calls, they said 30 mins & it ended taking a FURTHER 2 hrs.

Not sure what kinda show they are running there, but I hope they pay out (if req'd) a lot simpler than when they sign you up.

Just Cars I have been with for 3 yrs & they have nowhere near the problems & indecisiveness as Famous.

serious? who'd you talk to?

i just got my insurance off them 2 days ago, julianna and robin were great help

had a first quote of $3500 and just when i thought it couldnt get better, they offered $3200.

not advertising for them but just stating what happened

I might try Famous, but don't like the sound of the 11pm curfew - I usually am not driving after 11pm, but what if I was rushing to take my partner to hospital at 3am & crashed.  What, no insurance payout?!?!

from what i understand, u cant park ur car on the street within 500 meters of ur house .. or something like that... but u can park it 501m from ur house!

im pretty sure thats the go.

and thanks shif tea - i might, but i just couldnt b f*d... too many headaches!

I rang Just Cars again as I the quote ran out as I didnt find a car within that time frame and I got a new qoute today and stated I had mags on the car and guess what...its heaps cheaper than my first qoute, so well under 2 thousand dollars, arent i lucky!!!!! I will be going with Just Cars as they are very helpfull.