SAU Community

Imports101

thrtytwo

Im thinking of importing through them. Do they rate well with anyone who's had experiences with them ?

Did they pop up any extra costs than they first told you ?

Did your vehicle arrive on time ?

any info would be great thanks :P

Everyone i spoken to talks highly of imports 101 and i know 3 of my good friends who have gotten their car though them.

Something to keep in mind.

When they say 8-10 weeks dont ring up in 8 weeks and 1 day and complain you havent recieved your car, its not an exact science you get it when they get it.

The guy who runs it is always uber busy and when ive sen him he always looks kinda stressed out. he wont forget you but ti does take time, if you dont want to wait, buy local.

What kind of a car are you chasing, Jamie? I ask because they sometimes need a third party compliance shop for cars they themselves don't have RAWS compliance for (Common practice)

Wait varies, depending on all sorts of things (How hard the car is to find, shipping, how busy the shop is etc etc etc)

The cost calculator you will find on their website is pretty accurate. Something you can't say for many others....

And Shaun, if you are going to use German, get yourself some umlauts. Please. :D

Edited by djr81

I imported my car through them hassle free (was caught up at the end of the 15yr rule so it was longer than anticipated), and they have also done the work on my car from stock to present. As mentioned it depends on the car for compliance (would guess skyline since your on here) and it maybe will have to be done interstate for something like my mate had with his evo 6 TME.

The calculator is extremely accurate, a couple of hundred bucks either way at the most, there are no hidden costs (which is why its accurate). They are very busy but everything is done properly, and I would reccomend them to anyone, a few I already have.

i got my r32gtr through Danny @ imports 101 not a problem my advice is ring them yourself and spekto him . he will set your mind atease over any problems you can thinkof

Well I got my 34 through Danny and all I can say is that I couldnt be happier, their service throughout the whole import process was second to none. I would recommend them to anyone, so if your serious about importing a car just give him a call. If waiting is not your game then dont import but yeah its worth the wait though and you know you're in safe hand.

keep in mind its against the forums rules to say anything negative about businesses, so you will only get positive comments here.

Yeah thats true but they can just pm him if anyone got anything negative to say right?

nahh there are ways around that rule that i have an will use in future.

If i have something negative to say ill its generally "hmm they are ok but id prefer so and so, pm me for details"

Plus every workshop or importer has one unhappy cutomer usually due to the fact that the customer is usualy an idiot ;)

Teh fact that this thread got so many good replies in this short a time speaks highly of imports101.

just dont expect regular updates about ya car with imports 101 though .. danny is always "uber "busy so never hs time for phone calls go through the website and check them out.. they do offer good service and will keep looking after ya car once ya have it

http://www.imports101.com.au/

That's the website, if you are a member click on the user forums, now can anyone tell me how many other import brokers/workshops have a thing like this? Some people are on there until they get their cars & then dissapear, others like myself have been there from the start when I had only just bought my car, and there are a lot of happy people on there that have been through Imports101. As for the forums it's another good place to discuss cars & the occasional random subject with people who mostly know each other, and aren't dickheads. As of any forum a few find their way there, but they are easy to spot :P

already a member, and for the couple of ppl that asked im looking for a Black 32 Gts-t maual, prefferably 1990 plus, but not nesscessary, and prefferably stock, but FMIC, Exhaust, wheels or most things liek that are ok as i will replace them anyway.

imports 101 are highly recomended by myself, danny and his crew are great people to deal with.

he will help you find the vehichle YOU wan't, which alot of companys will just give you an option of what they have at the time!

yeh id love a GTR but i only have $15k and only want to sepnd 10-12 on the car and have the rest for mods :yes: i already have 3k for insurance and rego and other stuff aswell :)

15k can still get you a sexy beast, not a gtr though. but it will get you an awesome 33 or 33 gts-4.

One thing i will say though is that it might take a while for the car to arrive, a friend of mine only waited about a month, but others say they've waited alot longer.

either way they there service seems good, and they have member specials now too :P

Is that this one

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/in...howtopic=100138

Be a bit out of the price range if your looking a GTST's

Sounds like an absolute bargain for the money spent.

On imports 101 they are an actually business with a shop which takes a lot of the unknowns out of importing.

hows it dash how'd u shape up after that cruise anyway???

Mate I just got 800hp through imports 101 - mine took 4 months cos i had lots (i mean lots) of invesments on the car thats why...they are RAWS certified for R33 and evo (http://www.imports101.com.au/importing.php?page=5) and some others but not 180sx or 300 i think. SO if they can my car get into the country, complied and back in good order go for it (but yeah talk 2 danny do some wangling and get the GTR)

D