SAU Community

Saw F&f-3-tokyo Drift Last Night

saw the new one last night some f***in nice cars and driving but some stuff they did at the end to a certain car seemed a bit unbeleivable(wont ruin it for those that havnt seen it)

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought it was ridiculously crap... only good things about the movie were:

Cameo appearance by Keichi Tsuchiya

Panda AE86 in the background of 1 scene

Real Japanese Drift Team in the Background of 1 scene

The rest of the movie was a ricey piece of crap just like the first two.

I thought it was ridiculously crap... only good things about the movie were:

Cameo appearance by Keichi Tsuchiya

Panda AE86 in the background of 1 scene

Real Japanese Drift Team in the Background of 1 scene

Yeh was a bit of a cheese festival, but youve gotta admit there was some really nice driving and cars in there, was wondering how many others would notice Keichi

Edited by BOVed

what did you expect? did you think it was going to be some hardcore drifting with stock looking cars? they have to make it appealing to everyone.

Even though it was ricey with cheese on top I liked most of the movie, If your into these cars then I think its worth going to see, anyway rice=jap its set in japan

A whole bunch of us SAU'ers went and saw it, I thought it shat on the first 2 F&F movies, it wasn't perfect but for a car movie it wasn't too bad at all.

I didnt mind it was entertainment which is why people see movies. If you take it for what it is and dont read into it too much it wasnt bad.

Chris

Edited by alphanumeric

I got everything I wanted out of it.

Some of the cars looked HAWT! The chicks were HAWT!

I went in there expecting nothing and came out with everything!

God bless Veilside...

EOM

what did you expect? did you think it was going to be some hardcore drifting with stock looking cars? they have to make it appealing to everyone.

No I just expected SOME level of authenticity and real life comparison.

Like a major car in the movie was an EVO... yeah real popular drift car. If your gonna produce a movie liek that at least do your research and make it somewhat believable. Instead of 200km/h perfect drifts in an AWD EVO :whistling:

Dont get me wrong was an alright movie... and im not disappointed coz i expected more, coz I knew itd be shit. Im disappointed because of what it means for the drifting community.

Any of you watch Channel 7 Sunrise the other morning ? Police Commissioner labelling and condemning drifters on national TV... wankers in commodores, civics and everything else under the sun thinking they are Takumi Juniour... all biproducts of this movie, wait n see :P

Best burnout scene ever :whistling:

Veilside RX7 around 33GTR with 2 lovely chicks inside, magic.

I liked it better than the first two, but yeah the ending was a bit "unbelievable".

Except for the graphics/stickers/vinyls i think the cars were pretty representative, but you could definatley tell the bias towards nissan/350z and the Evo ala 2F2F.

peace

Evil

US$11,000 for the full kit.

Also need to budget for rims and rubber.

* Recommended Wheel Size

Front 19 x 9.0 (-6)

Rear 19 x 12.0 (-34)

That mean 265 rubber on the front and 355 rubber on the back (or thereabouts). Pricey if you wanna drift like Han does...

The Veilside Fortune kit for FD RX7 is the hottest aftermarket bodykit ever.

Anyone got a price for it? :whistling:

i dont think i saw any neons in the movie

HAHA

went ot see the movie last night with everyone from AE86driving club... lol funniest shit.. they all went nuts when the AE86 was in the back ground of one shot

all in all it actualy impressed me for what i was expecting

-Ruffels

I havent seen it yet, going on Monday with SAu Qld people.

But you cant tell me some other movies are meant to come across as realistic but have a few things that are just insane. Like any of the early Bruce Willis movies. Like the blood looks real, the guns sound real, but the guy gets kicked in the head and hit by a chain for 30mins over the lenght of the movie then walks off at the end. Toss toss. Its a movie, its unless its some 'real' story it should be somewhat unreal.