SAU Community

Cheap Bp Ultimate 21.06.06

Ant97GTR

I have been asked by the SAUWA intrepid spotter to post that the BP on main st is selling ultimate for 139 a litre.

Never thought that I would think petrol at that price is cheap but in this day and age :

' date='21 Jun 2006, 03:34 PM' post='2274175']

here we go

139.7 98 RON 21-Jun-2006 BP BP Express North Perth Cnr Scarborough Bch Rd & Charles St NORTH PERTH

seeya there after work (around 10pm-ish), it's just down the road from my place...

Fuel prices for Thursday, 22 Jun 2006:

Type Price Outlet Address

98 RON 139.7 BP Bentley 1156 Albany Hwy, Bentley

98 RON 139.7 BP Cannington 1443 Albany Hwy, Cannington

98 RON 140.7 BP Connect East Perth Cnr East Parade & Brown Street, East perth

98 RON 141.9 BP Express Carlisle Cnr Archer and Orrong Rd, Carlisle

Fuel prices for Friday, 23 Jun 2006:

Type Price Outlet Address

98 RON 138.7 BP Bentley 1156 Albany Hwy, Bentley

98 RON 138.7 BP Cannington 1443 Albany Hwy, Cannington

98 RON 138.9 BP Connect East Perth Cnr East Parade & Brown Street, East perth

98 RON 140.7 BP Express Carlisle Cnr Archer and Orrong Rd, Carlisle

Damn too far away, since we on same subject if youre south of the river the cheapest Bp I rekon is the one on Nichalson Rd near High road.

yeah, they seem to be consistently cheaper than the others. The only problem I've found with them is that a day or 2 before the high price cycle kicks in, the out of order signs on the 98 pumps go up. In all the time I've been using 98 Ron fuel, I have never seen any other BP station run out of 98 (except early this year when premium or better was out for everyone).

At BP Langford, it happens all the time and I queried it with them and they kept saying that they were waiting for the delivery. I'd accept that if it happened once, but not consistently and considering supplies come from their own refinery, I'm not going to accept that there has been delays in delivery of 98, on a regular basis as is the case with BP langford. After all, BP are the only service stations that have 98 in WA.

I'm thinking that a majority of the 98 they buy is at the low price cycle and they get premium dollars for it, as they are selling a majority of it at the higher price cycle. You will find that when their price is at it's lowest, it will be a day or 2 before the high price cycle kicks in and that day or 2 is when the "out of order" signs go up. So in effect their low price is bogus as they allegedly don't have any to sell.

They bank on the fact that most, if not all will settle for premium 95, so in effect they don't lose any sales. They just make a lot more out of their Ultimate 98. It's funny how they don't run short of any of their other fuels.

I hadn't been there for months and just happened to check them out last week and sure enough, same thing was happening. One of these days I'm going to get off my ass and have them checked out. That kind of thing craps me off, more for the point of wasting peoples time in going there expecting to get the fuel they want at the price they have advertised only to find that they don't have any or so they say.

Price really doesn't bother me these days. If i need fuel and some BP is the closest with 1.47 I will just go there..not worth driving around wasting fuel just to save a few.....$$$$

im the same, if i need fuel, ill buy it at the closest BP there is.