SAU Community

Road Traffic Offences

Whiplash

After hearing about vange getting booked for (rule 57(2)) "At yellow light - failure to stop before entering intersection" i got a list of all road offences in SA. All that I was given was a list of the offence names and how many demerit pionts each are worth (no description of offence).

I asked about the yellow light offence and they said that you shouldn't drive through a yellow light. When it comes on if you are within safe stoping distance you must stop. Goes against what most of us were taught when learning to drive.

When I get some time I will type it out in word ad post a copy up here for you guys to look at. Going through them the majority of elderly drivers would not have their licences but the police are to busy looking at us.

yep thats the rule they told me...wats safe stopping distance? unless the cop had the remote that adam sandler uses in click, to pause me as i drive, get out his measuring tape and measure the distance i am when they go yellow, then he has me....

exactly, its all up to the police to decide, so naturally you were in the skyline and you were the one seen as being in the wrong, not the others that went through the same time. They are just being biased against import owners.

There are plenty of stupid rules in these pages,

- Making a hook turn at "hook turn only" sign incorrectly 2 demerit points

you dont have a scanner ot a mate have a scanner

yes "safe stopping distance" thats in the eye of the beholder

also what might look safe isnt allways safe cuase of sum clown traveling too close behind you and you know if you stopp too quick ur gunna be wearing him

anyone wants a copy of every damn offence, and demerits that you get for it, pm me..i think i have about um..i'd rather not say how may copies i have.

i get sent one stapled to each fine i get/got...

This is interesting as I have had my share of fines over the years for just about every offence in the book, and have had a few experiences with lawyers also. I was studying some law at flinders uni and have also had a read through the entire road traffic act which is on the net as public record if anyone can be arsed searching.

I got off a charge of driving in a manner dangerous to the public because I was able to argue that at 2am there was no public around. There are always loopholes like this and my advice is to read very carefully the section of the act that you have been fined for and you should be able to contest it.

Maybe by the copper was meaning it as a compliment, saying that a Skyline could have pulled up at the lights in time (very thick sarcasm).

A mate of mine got done for going through a yellow. The cops were tailgating him down ANZAC hwy, the first set of lights changed as he was going through them, the second set canged just before, and the third set when he was probably on the limits of his stopping distance, but not when you have a car up your ar##.

^^^^^^^^^^

Yeah thats something i always take into consideration if stopping on a yellow.

How far is the car behind you? If you slam on your brakes will you out brake him and slam into the back of you? Things like this go through my head.

Now if someone did hit the back of you i'm sure they would say it was your fault (possibly) but in this situation you could be in a loose loose scenario?

Especially in the instance where the cops were dirrectly up your butt heading into a yellow i mean what do you do? If you break hard they could get shitty and decide "lets pull this focker over for breaking hard on us and teach him a lesson"

Dunno if i'm just rambling but thats my 2c.

^^^^^^^^^^

How far is the car behind you? If you slam on your brakes will you out brake him and slam into the back of you? Things like this go through my head.

Now if someone did hit the back of you i'm sure they would say it was your fault (possibly) but in this situation you could be in a loose loose scenario?

Especially in the instance where the cops were dirrectly up your butt heading into a yellow i mean what do you do? If you break hard they could get shitty and decide "lets pull this focker over for breaking hard on us and teach him a lesson"

i wholeheartedly agree they would probably still pull you over because u stopped too quick and thats dangerous

just remeber guys when u do get pulled over respect the person pulling you over (hes only doing his job) that doesnt mean sucking up there butt but remeber who they are and what there trying to do even if you/i/we think it is wrong it will get you a whole lot further by not being arrogant

I got it from the Department of Motor Vehicles at Marion. I don't know if they give out copies as they only had one when I went. Imanaged to get it as I work with the people down there every day.

There is a rule in there about failing to give stop signal long enough so you can be done for that when yo stop and someone hits you behind. At least in this case you can argue that they didn't leave sufficient space between you and their car.

^^^^^^^^^^

No you are not ranting; Ive had some unbelievable f**kers do exactly that to me, at Colonel Light Gardens at the repat hospital intersection, the one 20m back from Daws rd.......... friday night cruise, bunch of yobs clowing in a beat up vc commowhore, Im on my ZX7R just having a relaxing cruise home after a hard weeks work....... had them clambered up my arse and I couldnt brake for the yellow/red light (camera intersection back then), i was trying to brake but they were 'right there' like no kidding a metre behind my bike, traffic spead, ended up going thru red and they stopped at the lights with a massive lockup, smoke everywhere.

the bastards tried to kill me - no other explanation.

since then I swore to never ride on metro roads again - and I didnt, unless to & from tunes, kept strictly to the hills.............................. outa the way, free....................... :spank:

god Im going to miss riding when the Fireblade goes.