SAU Community

Camber Wear On Tyres (help)

Hey fellas, as i had my car on the hoist the other day i noticed i had pretty bad camber wear on the inside of my back tyres.. And considering the prices for 18 x 10 265's are not cheap! I called Pedders and the quoted me $190 per Camber arm + fitting... a total of $530! it was a joke honestly... I love the way it sits but it will cost me too much on the long run with having to change tyres every 6 - 12 months

Can anyone please recommend what else i can do to get my camber problem fixed?

Regards,

Sarkis

s141533rearctrlarms.jpg

JJR Rear Upper Adjustable Control Arms Price: $149 (Pair)

Suit Skyline R33 GTS-T, S14 & S15

justjap.com

hope that helps

Ed

My only concern with aftermarket suspension arms is the issue it may cause over the pits or insurance should one have an accident. For offroad use.. fine.

unless these items have been approved?

Grab the whiteline items, you can't go wrong.

My only concern with aftermarket suspension arms is the issue it may cause over the pits or insurance should one have an accident. For offroad use.. fine.

unless these items have been approved?

Grab the whiteline items, you can't go wrong.

I have series2 R33. I puit the whiteline adjustable arms on it. gave me what i needed and seems good quality (saw some cheap imported stuff that scared me) If to expensive. Superpro or probably even Whiteline will do camber adjustment bushes, but doubt you will gety same amount of adjustment.

Regards

R Dirty 3

what do you mean by Excessive toe? im pretty sure its the camber cause both back wheels squat inwards eve at rest...

What are the whiteline control arms worth?

Try rotating the tyres (not the tyre and rim) just the tyres every say 3000-5000kms, alternate which side the worn part of the tyre so its on the outside, it should allow the tyres to last double what they last atm.

Hey fellas, as i had my car on the hoist the other day i noticed i had pretty bad camber wear on the inside of my back tyres.. And considering the prices for 18 x 10 265's are not cheap! I called Pedders and the quoted me $190 per Camber arm + fitting... a total of $530! it was a joke honestly... I love the way it sits but it will cost me too much on the long run with having to change tyres every 6 - 12 months

Regards,

Sarkis

Whiteline camber kits on the Group Buy as follows;

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/in...showtopic=85467

Excessive negative camber is directly related to height. This is what is usually needed for each height increment, note that all measurements are centre of wheel to guard;

Standard (new) height is 380 mm front and 370 mm rear

360/350 mm needs only the standard rear camber adjusters

350/340 mm needs 1 front camber kit and 1 rear camber kit

340/330 mm needs I front camber kit and 2 rear camber kits

Note that 350/340 is the best height for handling and ride comfort

:) cheers :P

Hi i have seen rear camber kits for R33's on Ebay for a $149 a set .. Besides i wouldnt go to pedders any how they are over priced and over rated in their products check out the link..

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi...AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1

Regards,

Sarkis

Sorry to hijack the thread, but i got wear on mine, but it is only the inside inch, enough to blow my tyre any ideas??

Whiteline are in sydney dude. Give them a call direct if you arer intereseted in their control arms. Becareful of some of the cheaper arms on the market. Quality is pretty low and i would not like to find out what would happen if they failed at 100kph on freeway.

Regrds

R Dirty 3

go to a tyre or suspension shop and get them to match the toe to the camber. that will greatly reduce the tyre wear.

All that means is instead of wearing the tyres out fast only on the inside, it wears out the whole tread fast. It’s a band aid, the proper answer is to fix the excessive camber

:ermm: cheers :(

Had my car up on a hoist today and took some pics. I have tein adjustable (height and damper I believe) coilovers and this is what my rear tyres look like.

Is it bad wheel alignment etc or just this camber issue?

post-1296-1151388402.jpg