SAU Community

Track Road Trip To Nsw - Nov 7-11

Snowman

well that's boring, I prefer my story with the frozeness.

You're welcome to the cold!

Ill keep the nice warm heaters.....

put me down as a maybe

Sorry for the dumb question but Ive nerver been to either track, is there noise restrictions at either track ??

Wakefield are anal about noise after dark cause they have neighbors who arent into cars

But yeah, during the day it doesnt matter

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've never seen any car done for noise at either track even at race meets....let alone a car with a big bloody turbo stuck in teh exhaust.

C'mon qlders :( And bring some GTSt s to confirm to these vic-ians that gtrs can be beaten :(

I'm driving mine down. Bloody trailer-sailors! :) But it looks like I'll be running on my road tyres rather than the semis, unless my tax return is bigger than expected! Still won't be happy if a gtst beats me though! :)

Go the 32 brotherhood. If there is enough of GTSt guys then we can slow all the GTRs down over the course of their laps :)

Dont see the pointof going quick? At supersprints they get 1 mintue less track time per session, seems pretty silly to me to spend all that money just to get less time on the track?

While all the GTR guys are trying to punch out lap times, i will be there flying the flag for the hacks with just having a ball and drinking up a storm the night after... If i can find a girl to talk dirty to me then i will rate the week as a 'total result' :)

Its going to be a prodigious week...and RB20 POWAH lives in NSW :)

I'm driving mine down. Bloody trailer-sailors! :) But it looks like I'll be running on my road tyres rather than the semis, unless my tax return is bigger than expected! Still won't be happy if a gtst beats me though! :)

We are only thinking of trailering it incase something unexpected happens.

And don't worry... you will be beaten by a gtst :)

Go the 32 brotherhood. If there is enough of GTSt guys then we can slow all the GTRs down over the course of their laps :)

Dont see the pointof going quick? At supersprints they get 1 mintue less track time per session, seems pretty silly to me to spend all that money just to get less time on the track?

While all the GTR guys are trying to punch out lap times, i will be there flying the flag for the hacks with just having a ball and drinking up a storm the night after... If i can find a girl to talk dirty to me then i will rate the week as a 'total result' :)

Its going to be a prodigious week...and RB20 POWAH lives in NSW :O

I have sad news for you Roy....my R32 doesnt have RB20 power :P Dont hurt me!

:teehee:

Andy, I found a place that will rent you a car trailer for $242 per week and $14 per day after that.

You would still need a tow car though.......

That is pretty good!

If worst come to worst I could get that and use mums patrol ute as the tow car! Plenty of room for everyones spare rims :teehee:

but what could possibly go wrong? :whistling:

I said that ^ in jest, which is the reason for the cringe thingy. I actually own a car trailer and 4WD I used to tow my old Datto 1200 race car around on. I swear I used to end up towing other people's broken cars back from a weekend's racing at Warwick more often than my own!

I towed the GTR to Bathurst last year too, but based on the amount of fuel you use and pice of petrol, I think I'll take the risk of driving the GTR this time. If worst comes to worst and I can't fix the thing myself to get back on the road, I'll get it towed to SWR and try and hitch a lift back with someone. but I have no reason to expect any (serious) problems from my experience with the car so far. and yes, I am touching wood...

maybe I should just tow it... When I decided to drive it down, I thought most people would be cruising down together in convoy, but that doesn't seem to be the plan anymore

Edited by hrd-hr30

Sorry guys I cant make this one. I shattered a bearing inside the front dif witch in turn shattered the gear pin witch in turn pushed back at high speed and shattered a gear then the gear teeth sheared off and took the front gear and after all that the lot dropped to the bottom of my front wheel drive that is apparently magnetic 0_o and did no more damage witch the fella said was what saved me from having to replace the main gear and the turning gear.

In the end he said the resin this happened was because the gear old I was running * RED LINE Light shock proof * was the corse of the bearing shattering in the first place

I am happy now at least I know what that bloody sound is and it wont be driving me crazy anymore

Sorry guys I cant make this one. I shattered a bearing inside the front dif witch in turn shattered the gear pin witch in turn pushed back at high speed and shattered a gear then the gear teeth sheared off and took the front gear and after all that the lot dropped to the bottom of my front wheel drive that is apparently magnetic 0_o and did no more damage witch the fella said was what saved me from having to replace the main gear and the turning gear.

In the end he said the resin this happened was because the gear old I was running * RED LINE Light shock proof * was the corse of the bearing shattering in the first place

I am happy now at least I know what that bloody sound is and it wont be driving me crazy anymore

This track day isnt till November??

LOL.. i dont care. As long as the thing isnt 4wd...those GTR hacks :(

RWD all the way baby :D lol