SAU Community

Track Road Trip To Nsw - Nov 7-11

Snowman

Sorry guys I cant make this one. I shattered a bearing inside the front dif witch in turn shattered the gear pin witch in turn pushed back at high speed and shattered a gear then the gear teeth sheared off and took the front gear and after all that the lot dropped to the bottom of my front wheel drive that is apparently magnetic 0_o and did no more damage witch the fella said was what saved me from having to replace the main gear and the turning gear.

In the end he said the resin this happened was because the gear old I was running * RED LINE Light shock proof * was the corse of the bearing shattering in the first place

I am happy now at least I know what that bloody sound is and it wont be driving me crazy anymore

Bad luck mate, I saw your car on the hoist...ORO33 right?. Yeah, know the bloke fixing your car..even joked about taking my 34 front diff to put in yours. Tough looking 33...I'm sure he'll get in on the road before you know it.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Towing the cars would make life easy...but whenyou think about it, i have needed a tow once in 6 years of banging the same crappy car around tracks.

Its only a practice/fun day so nothing to be gained form driving like you stole it...and Wakefield and Eastern Creek are pretty car friendly tracks in my experience.

I have thought about it...and I will probably drive and hope for the best! But we probably wont be cruising down with everyone and we are probably going for the whole week!

Jboy...I am pretty sure we can still be defected...but a mate of mine (Who is a cop) told me that the paperwork is huge for booking interstaters so they only do it for really bad stuff?? Not sure if that is true but!

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Ok. Time to start finalising everything for this event.

The major thing people will need to do is book their own accommodation. I have sourced the following places.

Wakefield

Is easy - just stay at Wakefield.

Cost $50pp/pn and includes the best breaky in town.

If you are coming to Wakefield you will need to stay here for 2 nights. (Tues 7th and Wed 8th)

I have attached a copy of the Wakefield Accommodation application form. Please fill it out and fax it to:

(02) 4822 2812. My advice is after you have faxed it to call and ensure they recieved your form (they didn't get mine the 1st time I sent it for some reason) call them on (02) 4822 2811.

Eastern Creek

Rather than spending $11ty Billion and staying in Sydney town I have sourced some good accommodation in Emu Plains and Penrith for Eastern Creek. However - if you have friends, family or a deep seeded need to spend time at Kings Cross feel free to source your own accommodation in Sydney.

Emu Plains has the Neapen River Holiday Village with cabins the same as what we stay at in Shepparton. The rates are awesome and they still have well over 20 cabins available that can sleep 5 or 6 people for the nights we are there.

http://www.hvgroup.com.au/HVnepean-river/home/index.html

The room rates are such that for a Park Villa sleeping 5 people it will cost you $23 per night. Shops and a pub are just around the corner as well. You will need to supply your own linen though (But you'll need that for Wakefield anyways). If you are looking at sharing a room and need extra people the best idea is to post up in here.

If staying in a cabin isn't your style I can suggest the Penrith Motor Inn (4.5 stars) just down the road. Details for that are found here:

http://www.penrithmotorinn.com.au/index.htm

It should also be noted another reason for staying in Emu Plains is that Gordon Leven Tyres are found here and can supply / fit / swap all semi comp tyres for us. Gordon is also known to sell regular cheap 2nd hand semi comp tyres should anyone be chasing any for Eastern Creek. So if you are chasing anything in particular it would be best to give them a call beforehand.

GORDON LEVEN TYRE & WHEEL SERVICE

133 Russell St Emu Plains 2750 (02) 4735 4500

FAX (02) 4735 2698

If you are coming on this trip please book your accomodation sooner rather than later as I can't be responsible for people looking for a bed.

Forms and payments for track day use at Wakefield will be done on the day at the venue. There is no need to "book" a spot as such. I'll post up the Eastern Creek details soon.

Hope to see you all there.

• 2 weeks later...

Alright kids, this is only 1 month away! Is anyone from Qld still keen to drive down and give this a go?

Last time, we stayed at the track the night before, which allows you to head down to the pit garages & make any last minute changes you need, change tyres, adjust suspension etc. before the morning. $50 a night, they're little cabins with seperate rooms (2-3 per room, depending on which room you get), or alternative accomodation.

Andy & I will be heading down a week earlier, so if anyone's keen on heading down, you'll have to organise your own road trip, as we won't be available to lead it. We will, however, be able to organise a meet in Sydney to head out to the track on the Tuesday. Further details are in the corresponding threads, in Snowman's post above :happy:

Cheers, Anna xoxo

I'm out. Recent outings to QR and the QLD Challenge Rally destroyed my brakes, and I need a few suspension bits too. I won't be back on the track until next year unfortunately. I'm actually thinking about making the HR30 coupe into a track bitch instead of using the GTR, but that's another story. Very dissapointed to be missing out on this trip, should be an awesome week down there. There better be plenty of pics!

I'm out. Recent outings to QR and the QLD Challenge Rally destroyed my brakes, and I need a few suspension bits too. I won't be back on the track until next year unfortunately. I'm actually thinking about making the HR30 coupe into a track bitch instead of using the GTR, but that's another story. Very dissapointed to be missing out on this trip, should be an awesome week down there. There better be plenty of pics!

No worries mate, hope everything gets fixed up good and proper! Don't worry, there'll be pics... just like last time :Phttp://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/in...t&p=2309683

• 2 weeks later...