SAU Community

Gtr Single Bov Conversion

Looking to contert my GTR to run a single BOV instead of the pair, does anyone know if this is possible, plausible??? Does anyone make a kit for this or has someone done one to give me a head start?? Havent really had a look behind there yet, any help would be appreciated.

how hard is it to modify to a single? and wats the process? im gna get me a hks ssqv then.

ohh and do u find any stalling/crap idle with running a single atmospheric bov's for gtr's? or better to go plum?.

Stick with the stockies.

No BOVs on the market will do a better job than original. Most if not all of the big HP GTRs I know of still use them.

I know from experience that they can hold 38psi without missing a beat.

• 3 weeks later...

the stock ones are the best. end of story.

if you just want the noise : then any workshop with a welder could do it for you.

a bov regardless of type can hold infinate boost. if hooked up corectly. "pascals law" lol

if its got boost presure trying to open it. its got the SAME boost pushing on the other side keeping it shut! aswell as whatever the spring tension is aswell. so its imposible for it to leak physicly.

unless the seat area is worn obvoiusly

i tryed 2 hks ssq ones and they didnt work for shit. well they did work. but the amount of compressor surge i was getting was retarded.

how much are the stock gtr bov's from nissan? also can you only buy one? part number also if anyone knows? my rb25 one leaked real bad so i blocked it off n been thinkin what to put there insted n this sounds good.. hope it fits ahaha

the greddy type R kit for GTR replaces the whole stock assembly with 1 BOV. the stock ones are fine. having said that I run twin Blitz ones (to atmo) on my GTR and have no stalling, no idle problems, no compressor surge. And it's running AFMs and a PFC (standard version). So I dont quite know what all the fuss is about?

the greddy type R kit for GTR replaces the whole stock assembly with 1 BOV. the stock ones are fine. having said that I run twin Blitz ones (to atmo) on my GTR and have no stalling, no idle problems, no compressor surge. And it's running AFMs and a PFC (standard version). So I dont quite know what all the fuss is about?

What improvement did you notice when you changed from the standard BOV's?

:rofl: cheers :P

i never said there was any improvment, gary. :) In fact in my post I said the stock ones are fine. I was just pointing out that I've had zero problems running twin, atmo BOVs. and the reason they are there is they were already fitted to the car when I bought it. If it had had stock ones they would still be there, BUT I'm not going to pull off something that works perfectly well (and sounds cool!) to return to stock. just because other people have problems I've yet to experience either with the stock ECU or the PFC.