SAU Community

R31 Forum

EDS33T

This is realy starting to cheese me off big time, I thought this was not going to happen again either, but obviously I was wrong GRRRR :wave: And so close to the Nats not good

Yes... well heaven forbid i speak up about it again.

Goes against the gods the things i speak of you know :O

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well the 31 site is back up, but now they are moving servers. What are these people thinking? Ash, you go for it, coz I can't tell you how stupid this whole thing is, when we are now 6 days out from the nationals. The 1st national event for Skyline Enthusiasts, and the bloody webs ite is down for almost a week. What a joke. I don't care how shitty the Gods of the R31 Skyline club get, perhaps they don't care about how much time and effort has gone into this event in recognition of the 20th anniversary of their marque. But I bloody do, and the more support I can get about getting up someone about this the better. This is just hopeless.

/me says can ya guess how pissed off I am.

on behalf of skaface:

Just an update on whats going on with the r31 skyline club forum. We did not run out of bandwidth, the web host has changed the server that our web site is on, and we have had a few delays in transferring the forum database across to the new server. I am working with the support team to get this fixed as soon as possible, we are nearly there

5 days of downtime is ridiculous. Especially so close to the nationals. I don't live for the R31 Skyline Club forums to be running like some do, but I was depending on this site to get final bookings, and answer any questions. Whoever decided this had to be done now, should have remembered about the nationals, and the fact that it has taken 5 days, well, I am flabergasted that it has taken that long as well.

its shit i cant live any longer

*takes car to 240 kph and crashes into a tree*

nah im just being a smart arse, such a pitty its gone down, but alas sau is here for me to whore

lol

so does any one know if the forum is gonna be the same as before on are they changing the layout?

cazz, what motivates you to make up stories and spread rumours?

What do you hope to gain by doing this?

Someone drew my attention to this thread, and I certainly couldn't go without replying.

It's quite apparent that a few things need to be set straight here.

I think the site has exceeded it's monthly limit, so it might be ages.

Untrue, never happened.

I realy seriously can't afford for this site to be down a week before the nationals.

Can't afford for the site to be down?

Did the R31 forum downtime somehow leave you out of pocket?

Well the 31 site is back up, but now they are moving servers. What are these people thinking? I can't tell you how stupid this whole thing is, when we are now 6 days out from the nationals. The 1st national event for Skyline Enthusiasts, and the bloody webs ite is down for almost a week. What a joke. I don't care how shitty the Gods of the R31 Skyline club get, perhaps they don't care about how much time and effort has gone into this event in recognition of the 20th anniversary of their marque. But I bloody do, and the more support I can get about getting up someone about this the better. This is just hopeless.

/me says can ya guess how pissed off I am.

In regards to the above post, as a moderator of the forum, you were made aware of the fact that the hosting company was changing servers. You have been aware of this for quite some time. Admin had no control over the dates which the hosting company changed servers, so what's the point you're trying to make?

This is not the first national event for Skyline enthusiasts, there have been others previous to this.

If you have failed to publicise this event, then it's nobodys fault but your own, so don't try putting it on to anyone else.

You don't even care about the event enough to mention it in your sig, let alone make an effort to put the word out in places where it will get noticed.

I've not seen a single mention of this in any media, it would make sense that when organising an event of this calibre, one of the first things you'd do would be to contact some of the automotive magazines which have nationwide circulation.

Rather than do this, you've prefered to rely on the R31 forum, and word of mouth.

You were offered assistance by "the gods" in publicising this event, but opted against it.

..and oh yeah, considering that the first HR31's began to roll off the production line in 1985, the 20th anniversary of the 7th Skyline was actually last year. :D

I don't live for the R31 Skyline Club forums to be running like some do, but I was depending on this site to get final bookings, and answer any questions. Whoever decided this had to be done now, should have remembered about the nationals, and the fact that it has taken 5 days, well, I am flabergasted that it has taken that long as well.

Why would you rely on the R31 forum for bookings?

Don't you have a Skyline Nationals website for that?

The R31 site is getting no publicity or thanks for the number of attendees which have been recruited via the R31 forum, nor is the R31 site acknowledged on any of the flyers which were designed to publicise this event.

However, NDSOC, Skylines Australia and your own business all get a mention on the flyer, but the R31 "gods" aren't having a cry about the lack of recognition, so what do you think gives you the right to start complaining about a bit of forum downtime?

Don't complain that you're not getting enough support from the R31 "gods", support was offered, you declined the offer.

You have used the R31 forum to suit your own needs, and when things don't go your way, you come here and start bitching about the lack of support, and make up stories trying to make other people look bad, and let's face it, the truth generally has a way of coming out, and when it does, you're the one who ends up looking silly.

...and Bluprint was right, I haven't been around for quite some time.

I've been unwell, and haven't taken the time to visit the R31 forum, because I know that all that awaits within is more of this sort of rubbish.

...People making up stories to try and make other people look bad, or just simply trying to stir the pot because they have nothing better to do with their time.

I think the site has exceeded it's monthly limit, so it might be ages.

Untrue, never happened.

Well f**k me if it didn't say (for TWO DAYS) that daily bandwidth had been exceeded

This is not the first national event for Skyline enthusiasts, there have been others previous to this.

If you have failed to publicise this event, then it's nobodys fault but your own, so don't try putting it on to anyone else.

You don't even care about the event enough to mention it in your sig, let alone make an effort to put the word out in places where it will get noticed.

I've not seen a single mention of this in any media, it would make sense that when organising an event of this calibre, one of the first things you'd do would be to contact some of the automotive magazines which have nationwide circulation.

Rather than do this, you've prefered to rely on the R31 forum, and word of mouth.

Fairly sure I've seen something about it in AMC and possibly Just Cars or Unique Cars

..and oh yeah, considering that the first HR31's began to roll off the production line in 1985, the 20th anniversary of the 7th Skyline was actually last year. :(

As a '86 model. You were concieved 9 months before you were born but I'll bet you celebrate the day you popped out and 'reached the marketplace' instead of when you were concieved

...People making up stories to try and make other people look bad, or just simply trying to stir the pot because they have nothing better to do with their time.

See first point

Sorry to hear you were sick though K, hope it wasn't a tattoo or piercing related infection, heard they can be nasty

cazz, what motivates you to make up stories and spread rumours?

What do you hope to gain by doing this?

Someone drew my attention to this thread, and I certainly couldn't go without replying.

It's quite apparent that a few things need to be set straight here.

Untrue, never happened.

Can't afford for the site to be down?

Did the R31 forum downtime somehow leave you out of pocket?

In regards to the above post, as a moderator of the forum, you were made aware of the fact that the hosting company was changing servers. You have been aware of this for quite some time. Admin had no control over the dates which the hosting company changed servers, so what's the point you're trying to make?

You were offered assistance by "the gods" in publicising this event, but opted against it.

..and oh yeah, considering that the first HR31's began to roll off the production line in 1985, the 20th anniversary of the 7th Skyline was actually last year. :(

Why would you rely on the R31 forum for bookings?

Don't you have a Skyline Nationals website for that?

The R31 site is getting no publicity or thanks for the number of attendees which have been recruited via the R31 forum, nor is the R31 site acknowledged on any of the flyers which were designed to publicise this event.

However, NDSOC, Skylines Australia and your own business all get a mention on the flyer, but the R31 "gods" aren't having a cry about the lack of recognition, so what do you think gives you the right to start complaining about a bit of forum downtime?

Don't complain that you're not getting enough support from the R31 "gods", support was offered, you declined the offer.

You have used the R31 forum to suit your own needs, and when things don't go your way, you come here and start bitching about the lack of support, and make up stories trying to make other people look bad, and let's face it, the truth generally has a way of coming out, and when it does, you're the one who ends up looking silly.

...and Bluprint was right, I haven't been around for quite some time.

I've been unwell, and haven't taken the time to visit the R31 forum, because I know that all that awaits within is more of this sort of rubbish.

Do U have any fcuking idea? Apparently you haven’t been reading the papers. Check out this week and last weeks cars guide just to name one other medium. And every edition of "Full circuit" for the last twelve months, why do assume that the nationals website has a forum for people to ask questions and get fast response what better medium than the 31club? the 31 club doesn’t get a mention on the events flyer because the flyer is reserved for those who are finically backing the event this option was offered but the out come to this was apparently no.

For a whole 48hrs the 31 club site said it was over its bandwidth if you made the effort to go to the site once in a while maybe you will notice these sorts of things.

This event is to celebrate the first Aussie skyline and last time we spoke to nissan, (who are making a finical contribution) the Hr31 was not Aussie made.... :(

Can you tell me the last other skyline event that was held on this scale because i and a few others are at a loss to when that was? Maybe in your delusional little world?

Don’t go around bagging the 31 club of any other club there a medium for enthusiasts which apparently your not.

End Rant.

post-20199-1153820166.jpg

Some people will believe anything that they're told, so it never hurts to have "the other side of the story" thrown into the mix to give people something to think about.

Mastadd why would I bag the R31 club?

How/when did I do any bagging?

I should also state that nobody ever approached any of "the powers that be" from the R31 club in regards to financial funding for this event.

There's so much more I could say in relation to this, but there's not much point if the person spreading rumours won't step up.