SAU Community

How To Paint Your Car In 10 Mins

Okay first start with a car that once had a vinyl roof. You have removed this roof only to realise it looks worse now you need to match up the colours!!! Rego is a bitch they want the car to look more presentable!!

Introducing the 10 min paint job. First buy some low sheen house acrylic, then a roller and you are away!!

Heres some pics of the success story!!

med_gallery_193_1275_43112.jpg

med_gallery_193_1275_14302.jpg

med_gallery_193_1275_23358.jpg

Simply brush touch in the parts you were to lazy to mask and your done!!

med_gallery_193_1275_191.jpg

the phots actually make it look better than real life if you can believe that!!haha

Had to be painted within 2 days or I had to start another new inspection for rego, so out came the roller. its not pretty by any stretch of the imagination but it does the job.

I can paint a car properly I swear, thought I would share something that had a few customers laughing as they walked into the shop!!haha

Okay first start with a car that once had a vinyl roof. You have removed this roof only to realise it looks worse now you need to match up the colours!!! Rego is a bitch they want the car to look more presentable!!

Introducing the 10 min paint job. First buy some low sheen house acrylic, then a roller and you are away!!

Heres some pics of the success story!!

You know thats going to look like a chalk board once the sun hits that

Yeah wait till the frost gets at it also!! hahaha

240k all the way, plans for the car are rb26, r33 box, r32 rear cradle, with the gtr flares and some watanabes. Just need to get it regoed first so we can get it on the books with the engineer so all these mods will still pass when the car actually gets finished. I picked up the car a few years ago for $50, been sitting around while I have collected parts to do the conversion. I am leaving it looking like sh.t at first when the engine goes in...sleeper spec!!! hahaha, should be an interesting project dont want big power just want it to handle..

Already took her rally bashing a few years ago actually managed to break the diff, good value!!!

Edited by Fitzpatrick Speed Works

what's a decent price these days for a full respray, keeping it the same colour as factory, but not doing the engine bay... what's an average price for a job like that?