SAU Community

Computer Tuning

Hey guys,

I've just recently brought an r33 and IM LOVING IT!!!! I was wondering if any of you know a good place in ACT to get ECU's tuned? And i will also need a RWC. I would like some info of previous experiences of where and where not to go coz this car will be my pride and joy so i will only treat it with the best.

Thanks in advance. :angry:

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome aboard champ, enjoy the ride.

Maybe try the forum thread at the top of the ACT section.....it's called "Where to Get my Skyline serviced"

Or just give Integra Automotive a call. Could also try Autotech in Fyshwick.

you have not said what ecu it is. I wouldnt suggest any business with out knowing what it is first :angry: It's not a stock ecu is it as they are not tunable.

These are just my thoughts

Powerfc = ed (Integra)

SAFC = Pete (Autotech)

Anything else i would call around and ask about there tuning experiance with it.

I am not 100% sure but i thought all imports had to go out to dickson for RWC

Oh yea and Hi :O

My car has aftermarket suspension, exhaust, intercooler, ecu, BOV, Pod. All i had to do was take it to a mechanic and they passed it no problems. Didnt have to go anywhere near dickson.

My car has aftermarket suspension, exhaust, intercooler, ecu, BOV, Pod. All i had to do was take it to a mechanic and they passed it no problems. Didnt have to go anywhere near dickson.

Where did you get that done? was your car from ACT originally? mine is interstate thats why i think ill have to go to dickson.

Im pretty sure interstate cars dont need to go through dickson, my mate bought a victorian car and he just took it to a normal shop to get his RWC. Got rego no questions asked..

I have no idea about fresh imports though.

Please note that, vehicles over 4.5 tonne GVM, public vehicles, modified vehicles, imported vehicles or vehicles without compliance plates MUST attend the Dickson Motor Registry . A booking for an inspection is required.

Some mechanics will give you the RWC, but if the person at the ACT shopfront knows what they are doing it will get knocked back because its not a Dickson issued RWC. If they still register it, chances are you will then get called for a random re-inspection in the next 6 - 12 months once they find the error.

any import that has been registered elsewhere in australia can go to any authorised rego inspection in the ACT. you don't have to go over dickson pits.

if the car is less than 10 years old, you need to have an ID check done. this goes for imports too, and can only be done at dickson.

if the car has not been registered in any state yet (i.e. it's a fresh import) then it must go over dickson pits.

NiK's 100% right - Dickson if it has not been registerd in the ACT before.

Tuning - Peter at AutoTech in Fyshwick. Ed does his there as well for Dyno Tunes.

Welcome aboard.

Ok thanks for that mate. Ill be doing it all this week.

:wave:

any import that has been registered elsewhere in australia can go to any authorised rego inspection in the ACT. you don't have to go over dickson pits.

if the car is less than 10 years old, you need to have an ID check done. this goes for imports too, and can only be done at dickson.

if the car has not been registered in any state yet (i.e. it's a fresh import) then it must go over dickson pits.

Wrong.

As posted above, if its an import for any new registration, transfer of registration etc it must go over dickson pits for an inspection. Thats straight from www.rego.act.gov.au and you can verify it over the phone.

Thats not to say workshops wont give you an RWC and someone who doesnt know the difference between an import and a normal car at the shopfront wont accept and register it and that it hasnt happened before.

But if you are following letter to the law, it must go over Dickson and if it doesnt, dont be suprised if in 12 - 18 months down the track you get a "random" re-inspection and cop an absolute grilling over it.

hi guys

it's fair to say i was a mite ticked about this, not because i might have been wrong but because i went through this about six weeks ago bringing in my gtr.

so i decided to call up this morning and make a test of things. i called three different places, the ACT shopfront in civic, the Dickson Motor Registry and the Woden shopfront.

they were all unanimous: you DO NOT need to take your pre-registered import over Dickson pits unless it is less than 10 years old. One lady said "no, it makes no difference, as far as we're concerned it's just another car to be registered. the original owner will have had to present the compliance documentation already in NSW". i made sure to verify this with those i spoke to: ANY station is fine.

this is good enough evidence for me.

incidentally, the random re-inspection is to check on the rego inspection station, not the car owner. i received one of these for our navara ute and i quizzed them about it when they showed up: it's part of their internal audit mechanism.

Edited by sigsputnik

Unfortuantely not my experience - 93 GTR imported and registerd in QLD and I trucked it down to the ACT in Sept 2004. I first tried an authorised place and they said it had to go to Dickson to be registerd the first time in the ACT.

ACT Motor Registry would not allow it to be inspected anywhere but Dickson. I questioned the ruling, was put through to the Technical section who advised Dickson only.

My issue is the rules need to black and white and everyone at the MV registry on the same page.

Wrong.

As posted above, if its an import for any new registration, transfer of registration etc it must go over dickson pits for an inspection. Thats straight from www.rego.act.gov.au and you can verify it over the phone.

Correct!

No garages in the ACT would give me RWC....all of them told me to go to Dickson.