SAU Community

Polishes/wax

I agree wit not using a microfibre for trying to get rid of stained or even applying polishes, waxes, etc. It will scratch and it won't put down an even coverage.

I agree wit not using a microfibre for trying to get rid of stained or even applying polishes, waxes, etc. It will scratch and it won't put down an even coverage.

Curious... Anyone used Autoglyms High Definition Pain Cleaner and/or High Definition Wax?

Reviews and videos seem alright but a first hand opinion from a fellow skyline enthusiast would be even better haha :thumbsup:

I went to autobarn pick up supplies... nearly died at the sight of the price. $60 for the Paint Cleaner $130 for the (150g) tub of HD Wax!!

I thought that was quite unreasonable and ebay backed me up - I can buy both products for $60-70 shipped from the UK :O

Curious... Anyone used Autoglyms High Definition Pain Cleaner and/or High Definition Wax?

Reviews and videos seem alright but a first hand opinion from a fellow skyline enthusiast would be even better haha :thumbsup:

I went to autobarn pick up supplies... nearly died at the sight of the price. $60 for the Paint Cleaner $130 for the (150g) tub of HD Wax!!

I thought that was quite unreasonable and ebay backed me up - I can buy both products for $60-70 shipped from the UK :O

Personally I would well and truely reccomend Bowdens Body Cleanser over the Autoglym found at www.bowdensown.com.au

and as for wax Ive used the HD, but I was in at Waxit speaking to Antonio on the weekend and he has reccomended I try the DP Max ax they have for sale at $27.99 yet to try it but I will soon!

Regards,

Mitch

Max wax is an awsome wax for shine, but! there is always a but, it only last a couple of months I use it religously as I find it theraputical waxing my car every month. this is it on my Grey Metalic Coupe. I must admit there is a lot of Menzerna happened prior to the wax and I have also used a lot of differnt waxes and sealants from your Megs,poorboys.Dodo,Colinite Swissvax & this is my Favorite so far, oh and its so easy to apply and take off:)

Edited by R31Heaven

Hi guys,

Have had a quick read through some of the thread and am looking for a bit of advice on products to use.

I am currently using all Meguiars products and the car comes up looking fantastic after a clean but I think this is mainly due to the previous owners work and the fact it always has a decent coat of wax over the paint.

The paint has been clayed every 6 months or so and seems to be very smooth and free of contaminates but has quite a few swirls and scratches that are noticeable under UV light or from the right angles.

The car is black in color and isn't used very often but I have a crusher dust driveway so try to keep on top of the detailing.

I have read good things about the Final Inspection brand products and was thinking about trying some of their medium and fine polishes.

Now I only hand detail the car so are these treatments suitable to apply by hand or do I need to use a random orbital buff to get decent results? Also anyone had experience with their sealers?

Also are there any other products people would recommend over the Final Inspection ones?

Basically looking at getting:

Shampoo

Polish/Paint Cleaner/Scratch Remover (must be suitable for hand application)

Wax/Sealer

Edited by «Cyph3r»

Hi guys,

Have had a quick read through some of the thread and am looking for a bit of advice on products to use.

I am currently using all Meguiars products and the car comes up looking fantastic after a clean but I think this is mainly due to the previous owners work and the fact it always has a decent coat of wax over the paint.

The paint has been clayed every 6 months or so and seems to be very smooth and free of contaminates but has quite a few swirls and scratches that are noticeable under UV light or from the right angles.

The car is black in color and isn't used very often but I have a crusher dust driveway so try to keep on top of the detailing.

I have read good things about the Final Inspection brand products and was thinking about trying some of their medium and fine polishes.

Now I only hand detail the car so are these treatments suitable to apply by hand or do I need to use a random orbital buff to get decent results? Also anyone had experience with their sealers?

Also are there any other products people would recommend over the Final Inspection ones?

Basically looking at getting:

Shampoo

Polish/Paint Cleaner/Scratch Remover (must be suitable for hand application)

Wax/Sealer

Hi great that your getting into proper car care!

For a shampoo I'm hooked on Bowdens Own Gel Shampoo atm www.bowdensown.com.au, they are aussie owned and are located in QLD also.

Polishes are scratch removers :), and for that you cant go past Menzerna but for a hobbyist Poorboys is great and I still do use it at times. www.waxit.com.au who are a forum sponsor carry that also.

Paint Cleanser Bowdens Own Paint Cleanser is great and I love that at the moment.

For a sealant Chemical Guys Jetseal109 is great and then I was told by Antonio from Waxit that DP Maxwax is great! which can be found at waxit.com.au

Regards,

Mitch

Hi great that your getting into proper car care!

For a shampoo I'm hooked on Bowdens Own Gel Shampoo atm www.bowdensown.com.au, they are aussie owned and are located in QLD also.

Polishes are scratch removers :), and for that you cant go past Menzerna but for a hobbyist Poorboys is great and I still do use it at times. www.waxit.com.au who are a forum sponsor carry that also.

Paint Cleanser Bowdens Own Paint Cleanser is great and I love that at the moment.

For a sealant Chemical Guys Jetseal109 is great and then I was told by Antonio from Waxit that DP Maxwax is great! which can be found at waxit.com.au

Regards,

Mitch

Thanks for the advice Mitch, I've checked out that waxit site, looks like a lot of good stuff on there.

By the sounds of the polished though it looks like I will need to use a buff to get the best results. I'll just practice on my daily beater I guess until I get it down pat.

Is the Bowdens own product range any easier to work with now than a few years back.

I used some of their gear about 5 years ago (possibly longer) and found it very difficult to work with and hard to get a good result with.

Thanks for the advice Mitch, I've checked out that waxit site, looks like a lot of good stuff on there.

By the sounds of the polished though it looks like I will need to use a buff to get the best results. I'll just practice on my daily beater I guess until I get it down pat.

Is the Bowdens own product range any easier to work with now than a few years back.

I used some of their gear about 5 years ago (possibly longer) and found it very difficult to work with and hard to get a good result with.

You can use the hand pads for polishing call waxit and speak to antonio tell him your from the forums and he will point you the right way :)

As for Bowdens their stuff is so EASY to work with now they have spent alot of time and money in the labs perfecting everything. I seriously suggest purchasing some stuff and trying it out.

Regards,

Mitch

post-59299-0-66563500-1312705945_thumb.jpgpost-59299-0-67538200-1312705948_thumb.jpgpost-59299-0-71029400-1312705947_thumb.jpgpost-59299-0-64857800-1312705946_thumb.jpgpost-59299-0-74234900-1312705914_thumb.jpgpost-59299-0-27544100-1312705921_thumb.jpgpost-59299-0-24345700-1312705920_thumb.jpgpost-59299-0-46004200-1312705919_thumb.jpgpost-59299-0-38088000-1312705918_thumb.jpgpost-59299-0-69316900-1312705917_thumb.jpgpost-59299-0-96445800-1312705916_thumb.jpgpost-59299-0-17792600-1312705916_thumb.jpgpost-59299-0-46457100-1312705915_thumb.jpg

thats my detail :)

Clay using FI clay and lube

2 stage machine polish with bosch gex150t and FI orange and black pads, and FI CAP medium and extra fine polishes

and sealed using FI SEAL regular

(Where theres 2 pics of the same spot the one on the left is the after and the one on the right is the before)

Edited by Jonno34

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Just outta interest, has anybody tried using any of the new meguiars stuff?

Very interested to see how ultimate wax in particular performs compared to tech wax

Tried there Ulimate compound polish the other week no dusting works well on the buff. It is a goood product for an off the shelf job, up there with there M series of polish. Ok got my Naviwax from Japan and this stuff is fantastic great shine and is aquaphobic to the max, also tends to keep the crap down in wet weather. Only issue I have is that its a bit off an ass to apply as you have to wet the panel with an applicator bottle befor applying and then remove panel by panel, but hey for the result I can put up with it. 9/10

Edited by R31Heaven

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...