SAU Community

VINS you want "fasted"

I've spent the better part of the day preparing this, I've managed to squish Nissan FAST from 900mb to 800mb using 7-Zip. I've left out American and European bits (GR, GL, ER, EL1, EL2) which saves 600-690mb only leaving in the useful bits which is what we want: Japanese Domestic Market. I had to split it up into 100mb volumes as that is the limit free upload hosts allow. I got Nissan FAST originally from a torrent, and I've scanned it for viruses with clean results. The instructions and Readme's are there, I've also attached them to this post.

Required:

7-Zip, free: http://www.7-zip.org/

800MB of harddrive space to download it

Another 2.2GB to extract the files from the 7zip archives and install Nissan FAST.

Nissan_FAST_Instructions.zip

Hey guys

Ive read thru almost every page and havent seen an answer to questions regarding engine ser #'s. I'm getting the Wolf V500 for my RB26 swap into a 240Z and They need to confirm the model to sell me the correct ecu. So, if anyone can tell me what ser # 064170A came out of ( R32 or R33 ) I'd really appreciate it.There's also the #74243 cast into the block and 05U on both the head and block. Thanks alot.

Edited by Boostmonkey

Sorry about late reply, i didnt get any notification by email when this thread was updated:

post-51527-1229062409_thumb.jpg

Hi

Can you please check BNR32011509

How can I tell if the car has the origional engine, should it share the last section on this number.

Thanks in advance

Hi

Thanks for that, At least I know what month is was made in now. How do I work out what the model code means.

Cheers

Use this link to decode your model code

http://www.users.on.net/~goofyhsk/info/chassis_plate.html

It will help you decode everything except the last 4 letters, L, M, Z, G. The following is what i wrote back on page 39 of this thread about 10 posts down if you want to see my entire post.

I have been doing a lot of searching around on the forums for the answer to what the last letters mean on the model codes for the early model r32 GTR's (L,M,Z and G).

cameronbnr32 and garrysandy the only info i could find for you guys (and any one else wondering) was a post from funkymonkey back in 2004.

From what i read the letters L and M, which occupy Positions 8 + 9 in the model code, are known as VS Sign (VS Options)...

L means it has Projector Headlights

M means it has both climate comtrol + upgraded stereo

Letters Z and G occupy Positions 10 + 11 in the model code and are known as Pack Sign (Package Extras Sign)...

Z Im still not sure what it means but some guys believe it might be to do with the interior trim. RellikZephyr Thought Z = Black Interior Trim.

Cant be confirmed unless funkymonkey or someone else knows for sure what it means.

G from what i found means ABS and a Viscous LSD

Hope that helps a lil.

Hi

Thanks for the quick reply, I just have one question about the first Vin you run for me.

Because the model identification does not have a 7 or 8 in the last 3 digits, is it a V-spec 1

The number is KBNR32RXFSLMZG built 08/90.

Cheers