SAU Community

Has anyone.......

Perhaps in Blue /green or red....

or have any luminesent Light's/sticker's Excluding under car Neon's

I am considering lighting up the "Skyline" wording ..and wondered if anyone has done so yet.....

I have a set of Red Neon's for under the car, just have to fit them ....eventually....

Loz

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you think it would be an instant "Cop Magnet".....

I think the law's state that no other light apart from Amber emit from the front ...and red from the rear.....

I would hardly think a neonish blue would make it that illegal....

whatta y'all think...

um, neons under your car are illegal on the gold coast (so all of qld i'm assuming)

you always sees idiots crusing through surfers with neons on tryna impress and then gettin pulled over by cops.

never seen anyone get pulled over for lighting up a word tho. Those shonky lil GT Turbos have the GT glowing in green on the back, a few cars have em so I'm guessin they aren't illegal? Maybe ring up Queensland Transport, or your respective state's transport authority and ask them anonymously :P

well guys ill shed some light for you

im putting blue under glow on mine in teh next couple of weeks but the law says that its not illegal if it is not in direct view of other drivers.

also there is a thing that also says that there has to be a certain amount of light visiable for it to be illegal

so if ya get pulled over ask them if they have one of the light measurses to see if tyour imitting to much light from your neons

what i am doing with mine is hooking them up the park lights so that i can turn on with the lights and stuff but also putting in a switch that can overide that and turn them off without turning the actuall drive lights off, also then i cant leave them on by accident or something and came back and have a flat battery

anyway i will get the full details about this for you and get them up here so that we can read it

meaning to put a post up here about this

cheers

Guest Boxhead

when you say blue under glow, im assuming under the body of the car... let us know how it looks, and pics,

but im interested in making r32 skyline part glowing, i know you can get a factory glow thing, but i wanna make it diff...

hmmm i thought that glowing was factory? mine is a spec2 so i dont have a clear panel which sux coz i wanna make mine light up! i think it looks awesome ive seen heaps that light up green i doubt you would get yellow stickered as Canberra33 said just say its factory and the dumb cop wont know anything! I know that flexiglow has sheets that you place behind things and thats wat ive heard ppl use you mite wanna look it up

as for under car neons they are awesome but i cant b bothered hooking them up 2 my car coz id get yellow stickered 4 sure! wat if you hooked them up 2 your brake lights? would that make it legal?

yeah blue under glow sorry boxhead

its going all the way round the car

as soon as i get it done ill get the pics up here of them

will look even better when i get the body kit i hope

hey anyone know what sort of rims i should put on my car

it is that silver blue colour and rims are a hard choice for that colour

let me know

cheers

The Toyota MR2 and the 300ZX has their wordz lit up @ the back......I don't seem y not the Skyline word lit up as well...I mean ppl are using neon lightz around their licence plate now.

Lozza, could you please make your thread subject more descriptive next time??? Something like "Skyline badge backlight" or even "Has anyone lit up the Skyline logo?" would be better than a completely ambiguous "Has anyone...". They're incredibly irritating, and you'll find that many people just ignore the thread unless its title is desciptive.

This question has been posted several times before - a search would have given you all the info you required.

/rant

Originally posted by 33Spec2

hmmm i thought that glowing was factory? mine is a spec2 so i dont have a clear panel which sux coz i wanna make mine light up! i think it looks awesome ive seen heaps that light up green i doubt you would get yellow stickered as Canberra33 said just say its factory and the dumb cop wont know anything! I know that flexiglow has sheets that you place behind things and thats wat ive heard ppl use you mite wanna look it up

as for under car neons they are awesome but i cant b bothered hooking them up 2 my car coz id get yellow stickered 4 sure! wat if you hooked them up 2 your brake lights? would that make it legal?

with series II GTST's the lighting up of the SKYLINE was an option

hook the neons to the interer light so when you open the door the neons light up and when closed the light are off! also have a overide switch to light up when driving (no cops around)! will look sweet!

I was thinking of lighting up the skyline logo on the back of the car but the letters are silver and th other part is clear. might light up the whole thing blue! .......................sick mate! sick!:P:(:)

i have a blue neon light behind the rear bar, above my number plate. only the blue glow is visable on the white number plate. ppl always tell me it looks cool. and ive had a few cops behind me and they have never said anything about it or never pulled me over for it.