SAU Community

Purchasing from J-spec

thrtytwo

Looking at purchasing a new daily run-around off J-Spec (Aristo in sexy whiteness) and good to see p[ositive comments about them.

How long does it take approximately for the car to land and be complied assuming I pay for it tomorrow? (Its "in stock") Hoping I would have it before Xmas but understand this might be pushing it.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looking at purchasing a new daily run-around off J-Spec (Aristo in sexy whiteness) and good to see p[ositive comments about them.

How long does it take approximately for the car to land and be complied assuming I pay for it tomorrow? (Its "in stock") Hoping I would have it before Xmas but understand this might be pushing it.

Delivery will usually take around 8-12 weeks from the time of purchase until the car is landed and complied ready for rego, although it can be a little more or less depending on shipping schedules, compliance turn around, etc.

At the moment there is a ship leaving Japan around Nov 18th so we can probably get most cars purchased in the next 2 weeks onboard that one, it should land in Australia around the start of December, and you should be able to get your car registered in time for Christmas if all goes well.

....slightly off topic but still relevant; Is it worth it to pay the $230odd for the inspection report and pics from J-spec?

In most cases I would strongly suggest this sort of inspection for cars purchased from normal used car dealers, private sellers or through Yahoo Auctions in Japan - there is just too much risk that the seller can leave out important information about the cars condition which would otherwise affect your decision to purchase.

When we have cars inspected we will always try to get as much information from the seller as possible first, so there is the best chance that the car will be as expected and the purchase can proceed, however there are always cases where bad things are found in which case you would be very happy that you had the inspection. If the car is good and you choose to proceed with the purchase then at least you will have heaps of extra photos (usually around 150-200 of them) to see you through until the car gets here too.

Please note that we do not make any profit from the inspections at all, the only reason that we suggest them for our clients is so we have happier clients with better cars, it works out better for everyone involved that way.

J-Spec.......who do you guy's use for compliancing? Can you recommend anyone for R32?

Depends where you are. If you're in melbourne, I'd recommend Japanese performance vehicles and bayswater.

Two question though, why are evo 3 aint possible to register here (Race import only) but in New zealand they can?

and lastly, so if a toyota levin cost 10,000, on top of that there would be garage fees, compliance, rego and others, which would equal extra 5000 - 6000 correct?.

carn funky... i like this thing

ball park some prices for me

dunno dude, that's the first time i've come across it. Its probably just a custom jobby... I just got Craig the Aristo Hyperrev mags (vol 1 and 2) so maybe ask him to flick thru em to see if its listed in there.

Two question though, why are evo 3 aint possible to register here (Race import only) but in New zealand they can?

Evo 3's share the same chassis/shape as a locally sold lancer, with the only difference being bolt on flares etc to the body of the car (disregarding the drivetrain). One of the requirements for a car to be eligible for import is that it must be of a different silhouette to locally sold variants (so for example Altezza wagon could be eligible for import because they never sold the IS200/IS300 in a wagon shape here).

and lastly, so if a toyota levin cost 10,000, on top of that there would be garage fees, compliance, rego and others, which would equal extra 5000 - 6000 correct?.
For cars that come in under SEVS the guys usually quote a "landed and complied" price, which includes all fees, taxes and costs to have the car complianced and ready to register. The only costs on top of that you'll incur is the cost of new tyres and brake pads etc if the ones on your car aren't deemed satisfactory by the compliance workshop, and registration costs in your state (which vary from state to state).

You'd be best off using our online calculator, should show you generally how much to expect to pay for a car landed and complied, if you plug in the initial price of the car in japanese yen:

http://www.j-spec.com.au/calculator.xls

• 2 weeks later...

What are the chances of finding immaculate R32GT-Rs in Japan these days? I'm always keeping my eyes open for mint examples with low k's but most locally are 89 high k models etc.

More curiosity at this point in time, as I'm selling my drift car to fund the majority of the GT-R purchase etc. and wanna know whether the flooded local market is my best option with patience etc.

BTM - they are around but you'd want to have very good money on it to get one, as they're becoming very collectible in Japan, for obvious reasons.

As a fellow importer, I probably have access to more information than a fair number of you, and can tell you that J-Spec are very honest with their estimates. It's easy to underquote people in order to get their business, but in the end you don't keep customers that way. J-Spec have been around for a long time with good reason.

Had Very good exp with Craig importing my 350GT. The only problem is it cost me almost 12 weeks due to delay of shippment.

It cost me 3weeks from auction to shippment because the ship schedule, and another more week for SEVS approve after complaince.

Additional one week for RTA(NSW) Inspection----just because my car is so new that RTA require inspection beyond the normal Blue slip.

The rest are smooth. Craig help me just spend 2,040,000+10,000auction fee to found a Premium pack with sunroof on 34k kms within a week. That is good price and fast work.

The whole process like this:

Talk with Craig over phone for several times before decesion(sorry Craig, I know that takes you lots of time) and a deep understant how it works.

then starts:

Week 1 Pay agent fees for 1000 and make a burget for arount 2M yen for a sunroof virson.

Week 1, A big auction finished, interested in 2 in that auction, but over the price.

Week 2, By WED, another auction ended, My car start from about 1.8M yen and I got it on 2.04M yen plus auction fee.

Week 3, By Tue, Reveived the payment details from japan acution,

Week 3, By Wed Transfer through KVBKUNLUN who offer the best exchange rate and the fasted service, by that time i get about 85.6 and Comm just offer me 83.

Week 3, By Thu the Motoworld In japan(who is the angent bought the car for us) reveived fund.

Week 4, First Scheduled Ship date come out on week 5

Week 5, Missed the first ship, Don't know the reason, maybe it is full?

Week 6, Nothing but waiting for the nest shipment.

Week 7, Finanly on ship.

Week 8, After 10 days, when ship is support arrived in Bris, but stay on out sea due to whether reason.

Week 9, Land on port, Waiting for custome clean work.

Week 10, Clean work finished, They through my factory carpet away (What a F***)

Week 10, Car has been transfort to Compiance work shop in Bris

Week 11, Compiance work finished, My Factory XEON headlight has been convert to some H1 size rubish.

Week 12, waiting for ADR approve.

Week 13, ADR approve.

Week 13, Friday.Car transport to Sydney by Toll, I pick it up on friday at 13:00, But no workshop able to do the Blue slip after lunch time.

Week 13, Satuday, Finished Blue ship, but RTA closed.

Week 14, Monday, Went to RTA, Has been told that need RTA inspection, Make an booking on Firday.

Week 14, Friday, Finished the Inspection,

I can dirve my car...................................

I think my time line is very helpful for people to estimate the time cost in importing. and as well as how tho accelerate the whole procedure.

As the Craig said: it may cost between 8 weeks(if you are lucky)to 12 weeks(if you are as bad as me).

also the price may vary alot depand on the exchange rate. this days on Nov and DEC, it goes to 90.XX, which mean you may save up to 2000 bucks.

Edited by Frank350GT