SAU Community

Fuel Consumption

I am looking at upgrading to a R34 Skyline. What are typical fuel consumption values for R34 NA and R34 GTST?

Just before every jump the ban wagon I have done a search and couldn’t find anything relating to this topic.

I have manual a r33 GTS-T Stock as a rock & on average i get about 400km out of say 50L (65L tank)...seems to use about a qtr per 100-130km depending how you drive

Edited by Noel

For anyone that might be trying to decide between a NA R34 and GTT...

GET THE GT-T!! Seriously the extra cost in fuel is worth it for the much much better performance.

Its just another cost. Imports cost more to insure. Its just part of the cost of owning a great car.

Please dont get me wrong, I'm not saying that fuel cost shouldn't be considered.

Just factor it into the cost of the purchase price of the car, and get the turbo. You'll thank yourself later.

r34 gtt auto, i get roughly 410km out of tank, and thats if i drive like im 'driving miss daisy'...

go the turbo though as you will most likely end up in the na performance thread asking about turbo conversions, i know i did with my NA supra :no:

Edited by RyanN

i shift around 2800 to 3000, with a little slightly hard acceleration sometimes, entering freeways, etc... and get about 12.5 - 13L/ 100km's from my 34 GT-T (manual, coupe)

i thought i shifted quite early, but i'm trying to shift at 2K and see if that makes any noticable difference on consumption.

SydneyKid reckons that the Shell 100 RON petrol (with ethanol) is even better than Ultimate... might give that a go. Although, i don't think he claimed it was any better economy though.

i've got a stock r34 gtt, use bp ultimate and drive sensibly most of the time:

450-475km's/tank. like a couple of guys from this thread although the vehicle guide says that r34's got 65 litres of fuel i've never filled up more than 60L.

how long should i get with my fuel light on it seems to come on at around 1/8th of a tank left i have slowly been pushing the limits of how low it will go but i dont want to be running it empty

oh and i get around 350--->>>400 km per tank if depending on the driving style (and how low I let it go)

and sorry for the hi jack but will getting a bigger turbo reduce fuel economy or is that more depending on if im on boost

Edited by Haines

it seems that you have turbo fuel figures but no NA fuel consumption figures so I'll add mine.

I've been getting 620+ Km's from my last 3-4 tanks and filling up with 58-59L each re-fill.

Km's travelled with the fuel light on ~ 110-120Km's.

The R34 is a great car to upgrade too but search and read through these forums more for extra info on them. One persons suggestion doesn't cover everyones needs/requirements.