SAU Community

Vinyl Removal

Rj34GTT

does this also apply for stuck on badge emblems? I have the chrome SKYLINE lettering stuck to my stock rear bar and want to get them off to put them on my new nismo rear bar as Its already got the engraving on it. Do I just heat up the glue and then it will be easier to take off?

does this also apply for stuck on badge emblems? I have the chrome SKYLINE lettering stuck to my stock rear bar and want to get them off to put them on my new nismo rear bar as Its already got the engraving on it. Do I just heat up the glue and then it will be easier to take off?

Yep, that'll do the trick. Heat it up alot, just careful you don't heat up the plastic too much or the paint. Slow and steady's the way to go. Take your time.

I used a hair dryer to debadge my car and the g/f's car. Then I used a bit of metho on a rag to remove any left over bits and pieces of sticky gunk (rinsed off with water after ofcourse).

If its just the glue you want to take off then Jeff used his buffer and got rid of his GTS25-T sticker on the back of his 33.

Not too sur about vinyl but hair dryer sounds like a great idea.

Hairdryer is what the sign industry uses for vinyl car signage removal...

I'm in the process of creating vinyl graphics for skylines and cutting it on my new cutter...

Hey c'towners,

Does anybody know the best way to remove vinyls from car bodies???

Please pm me if you know how, as i want mine removed, its annoying me

All of the above works but if you have any residue left on the car or you find the vinyl stickers are old and are coming of in very annoying little pieces then go to your local panel beater/spray painter (someone you trust) and ask them if they have a "caramel wheel" - it's a rubber drill attachment and smells like caramel but gets your vinyl stickers off really quick and safely! I have a friend who's a spray painter and he removed mine and you can't see where the stickers were at all..... good luck! :rolleyes: