SAU Community

Special Thanks To Selectmaz.

GTRgeoff

In the aftermath of dodgy skylinesteve a few of us got ripped off. In my case he had a complete GTR plenum he said he would polish for me as well as a front GTR style bar for my track car that I never saw again.

SelectMaz also got caught up as Steve claimed to have a relationship there. To set the record straight he was a customer, not an employee or partner or whatever else he may have claimed. The dyno day there was organised by Steve, but Issy was trying to get some exposure to the import and Skyline scene. I guess all he got was a bad relationship and he didn't deserve that and this is why.

I have remained a believer in SelectMaz and Issy and all the crew. Always a few minutes to chat when I drop in, and they were polite enough to listen if I talked Skylines. Today when I dropped in for the first time after surgery I was told they had a surprise for me. Wayne then produced my plenum from upstairs. Another customer had bought it off Steve and Drew recalled that Steve had not returned mine so putting it all together realised it was most likely mine. It has a distinguishing modification that I described to them.

Issy then paid the other customer what he paid Steve after explaining it was stolen property, and to top it off won't accept payment from me thinking I've contributed at least that much to the relationship.

Issy, you probably won't ever read this but just know mate that you are one of the good guys and I honestly appreciate your generosity and thoughtfulness. I also enjoy the friendly hellos and conversation I get from the people in the shop. You can't put a dollar figure on that, and shouldn't. There are too few people around that will make that effort. I like to believe I'd be like that if the circumstance arose, and that the people in SAU Vic would too as would a number of regulars on here. I may bag Victoria a bit but there are some damn fine people down here. Issy is a true gentleman and I'd like to think a good mate too.

I'd also like to point out that while Issy didn't get a great exposure out of the dydno day for SAU a few years back he hasn't given up on Skylines, and currently has a selection of about 4 R32 GTR's available at very reasonable prices. One has a freshly rebuilt engine (I saw it going together and it has all the right thins done to ensure longevity) that will sell for around $24K so if you are looking I can't recommend them enough. Take my name in vain if you want but give them a look for any work or buying you may be interested in. They are sensational on Mazdas and rotaries and that will also reflect on any other cars you can take them as they really care about their products and service reputation. In fact I took notice today when another customer was asking about an engine, Issy assured that they would compression test what they had before offering him one. Sure it's to protect the reputation but that is why he's still in the business after so many years with plenty of return customers.

Thanks again.

http://www.selectmaz.com.au/

:)

Couldn't agree with you more Geoff. Izzy and the crew are fantastic as they are all very polite

and always have time to talk. I recently had a flywheel machined and after picking it up we

started talking skylines for an hour. After leaving i thought to myself i only spent $40 there,

i was treated as i had just spent $4000. :)

BTW: I hope your feeling better Geoff. When you up for a lakes brekkie :P

Edited by mickr33

Glad to see positive feedback about them, its a shame that steve was the only member not living to their standards.

If i remember back to the dynoday they knew exactly what they were talking about and told everyone a way to improve their power and would answer every question.