SAU Community

Un-turbo A Skyline (re Turbo Later) <-- Read If U Want To Do The Same I Called Advan Performance.

stupid %^$%* NSW RTA, anyway, i dont really care about how fast my car goes, i just want it to look bloody good. okies so back to the topic which is located above :O

is it possible and how much ? its a 1992 GTS-T R32 with a 2L engine, 73000 on the odo, GT-R body kit, extractors, exhaust, air filter, rims yadda yadda... thanks for ya help fellaz.

Edited by GoldRush

I believe the authorities, ie RTA/VicRoads, go by the engine number/model. Hence removing anything from the motor won't change the situation. They still see it as a turbo motor, they couldn't care less what you've "modified".

As Jimbo2000 has suggested, you are probably best off to go and buy a GTS and rice that up. (Really pains me to say that but I guess everyone has different tastes :D )

Yeah don't bother having a nice car when your young.

I got my r34 when i was 20 and while it's great to go fast around corners in it.

Nothing beats being in my mate 85 pulsar rallying around on dirt roads.

Crashing into ditches and getting it back out, etc, etc

ahh damn, i thought i could just remove the intercooler, turbo, n all the accesories wack on a radiator and retune the motor. wont work?

DOnt worry, every other young person has thought the same thing as you, you aint a pioneer :D

Simply put, if the motor is turbo, a turbo must be on there. Taking it off doesnt make the car legal at all as it wont meet emissions.

Simple put, buy a N/A CAR... then sell and buy a TURBO CAR.

It will workout cheaper in the end, and be less of a headache

you can't just buy a turbo and make it non turbo and think it will comply with rta standards..

Your rego and stuff will say GTS-T Turbo, no matter how much you argue that it isnt, it still is..Insurance won't touch you. I have the gts and insurance wouldn't touch me for under 4 grand.

Rta won't register you etc.. Be smart.. buy a n/a. Do whatever the hell you want then buy the freakin turbo.. You ahve 3 years.. whats the rush.

my 2 cents.

man thanks once a again for ur help everyone. im so p'd off, these laws are ridiculous, are these laws only on NSW? im gonna move to brissie or mebourne if thats the case. hehe.

pretty sure SA is ok with it at the moment...but I could be wrong. been a loooooong time since I was on my P's (feel old saying that).

I bought a n/a 1991 S13 Nissan Silvia (SR20DE & auto) when I was 19 and loved it - because I didn't know any better. I was paying $1700 a year for comprehensive insurance and thought that was ridiculous enough so didn't really want a turbo at that stage.

4 years later I sold it and bought a '92 turbo silvia (SR20DET - also auto) and wondered how I managed to think the n/a silvia was fast?!

Still, you obviously have no choice, so at least if you go with a n/a R32 or something you'll get good fuel economy and the only thing you'll be missing is the straight-line performance. You still get all the handling and looks of the skyline. Gives you more to look forward to about getting off your P's I guess. Plus you'll (hopefully) have a better insurance rating later when you eventually get a turbo'd car. When I sold my n/a silvia and bought the turbo one Just Car Insurance didn't charge any extra to insure the turbo silvia - it was the same price. :D

man thanks once a again for ur help everyone. im so p'd off, these laws are ridiculous, are these laws only on NSW? im gonna move to brissie or mebourne if thats the case. hehe.

These laws are in place because too many < 20 year olds end up wrapped around a tree, or planted into someone on the wrong side of the road - often not only injuring/killing themselves, but passengers and innocent bystanders as well.

Insurance companies have known this for years - see premiums < 25 (or is it 30 now?), i'm shocked it took the government this long to work it out.

As to your original question - No. The car will run like shit, and then there is the whole car model/engine designation to deal with. You COULD get the car engineered (lol - twice) but thats an assload of hassle.

JUST MOVE TO THE ACT EVERYTHING IS LEGAL HERE

JUST MOVE TO THE ACT EVERYTHING IS LEGAL HERE

hardly.

My rims being different widths, my tint and the fact that a smidgeon of oil was leaking from the pressure sender was enough for them to tell me to go fix it.

:P