SAU Community

Catalic Converters..

IMPORTD

Hey all >_<

My car doesn't have a cat and I've asked in the Forced Induction section but I've had no reply so far...

Which do you recommend and why?

And where can I purchase one from?

I'm sick of the smell and dont' fancy the fine if caught.. I bought the car without one so its time I get one.

I have 3" exhaust..any other info you require?

Thanks >_<

id put one on.

they rob all of 5rwhp? IF that.

they also put our a terrible smell, and leave black shit all over your car. not to mention the legal issues.

better to be safe(and 5hp less) than sorry.

apparently 'metal cat' are a good brand, but dont ask me where/how much etc :(

was just adding my 2 cents.

ebay, $265or $255 xforce 3' hi flow with postage. ive been in a catless car and hate the smell, that Sh*t is bad for u, not to mention carbon monoxide cannot be broken down by photosynthesis so VERY BAD FOR THE ENVIRONMENT. *cough cough* its very toxic nathan :D

Thanks all - I'm going to go with Metal Cat... http://www.metalcat.com.au/

They write this on thier website:

Please also note we are happy to be tested against ANY cat in the marketplace . There has been a flux of outrageous figures claimed with companies not stating what the maximum flow rate on the flow bench is set at. These 'brands' are quoting figures to look good and fool the end user. This especially holds true to the Magic and 'Xforce'Chinese illegal cats . We encourage you to 'TRY" find the CA stamp on the body of their catalytic converter. You won't as it does not exist, as they are ILLEGAL. Why not as an exercize call them and ask them to fax you through their EPA/CARB/Euro test results from factory? And finally , these companies are quoting cfm figures without what the bench flowrate was set at. Why do they find it necessary to lie? The answer is simple, they have an inferior product.

whats the difference between a hi-flow and normal?

i know the hi flow performs better...... but what do u do 2 make it hi flow?

the highflow units generally have larger inlet/outlets on the body of the cat, they also do something with the internals... i think they use smaller holes, but more of them. dont quote me though i could be dribbling shit. :D

$280 is quite a good price for a 3" cat...

i need to go look where my cat is to find out what size i need..

my exhaust consists of 4 different diameter pipes :|