SAU Community

Specs Of A R33 Gtst

[/b] Hi Guys,

My name's Kylee...This my first post on this fourm....Just got rid of my Vl which i had for over three years and decided I needed somethin a little newer and a bit quiker. So I bought a 94 R33 GTST and was just wondering if anyone can give me the correct specs of this make (Inc kw's). I was also curious to know whether or not they come standard with LSD, I have been told many different answers. Also, just wanted to know what the HICAS light means, I know what it stands for but it keeps comin up after i have driven the car for a while. I have been told its nothin to worry about and someone even mentioned theirs stays on the whole time cos they have a non standard computer? Anyway, my car is pretty much standard and I just had it dynoed and it has 158kw's so i was curious to know how many kw's they came out with :(

they came with 184kw (manual gearbox). that is at the flywheel, not the wheels. any power figure quoted by a manufacturer is at the flywheel.

and yes they come standard with lsd, but there is 2 types of lsd. most have the standard viscous lsd. some have the active lsd.

Edited by mad082

should these questions have come before you bought the car?

No, because i would have bought the car anyway. I was just curious... having answered these questions before I bought the car would have been irrelavant. Knowing how many kw's they come standard with and if they have LSD would not have changed my mind about buying one.. things can always be changed on it anyway!

hi kylee,

um good question i was also after specs on mine stocko. I have simlar model to Yours. .. i found this in the forum. One of the guys here made it, (great work btw), check it out here. http://nissanskyline.6te.net/

got loads of info on skylines stock.. um i think they were 147rwkw stock btw.

cheers

Oh ps. Hicas light comming on. isnt normal. mine comes on occasionally, (hicas diagnostic mode) where light comes on and steering tightens.. but i disconnect battery for about 15 mins, then reconnect, and its ok. I think probably sensor issue. But No mechanics or performance shops ive been too so far can figure it out. so good luck with that one. but first think is to disconnect battery, hicas fuse, Hicas computer, and check all sensors. and clean connections. if u can find someone who knows how to troubleshoot the system properly. let me know. :P

Edited by silverbulletR33

they came with 184kw (manual gearbox). that is at the flywheel, not the wheels. any power figure quoted by a manufacturer is at the flywheel.

and yes they come standard with lsd, but there is 2 types of lsd. most have the standard viscous lsd. some have the active lsd.

187kw for series 2

and less than 184 for auto R33's

Thanks guys for the input.

The hicas still came on when i had the standard steering wheel though.

I now realise after looking at the other sites that i make the extra power at the wheels from standard because i have the exhaust upgrade. :)