SAU Community

Considering Ecu Up-grade. Need Ur Help.

bernard R33

I have an R33. Its got 3" cat-back exhaust, pod, fmic and i also have a boost controler that im bout to put on when i get the time. I dont plan on running more than 200rwk and dont want to spend more than i need to on the ecu. Would it be worth getting a SAFC? Would that allow me to run more boost?

I have an R33. Its got 3" cat-back exhaust, pod, fmic and i also have a boost controler that im bout to put on when i get the time. I dont plan on running more than 200rwk and dont want to spend more than i need to on the ecu. Would it be worth getting a SAFC? Would that allow me to run more boost?

You should make that amount with just turbo back exhaust system, fmic and boost at 10-12psi...

ignore what he said. making max power is useless. average power makes a car fast. the safc should give you some good midrange and better overall average power, so yes the safc is a good cheap upgrade and should get upto or just on 200rwkw. you can use the safc to work around the r&r in the stock ecu to an extent so yes it can allow you to run some more boost