SAU Community

Want An Opinion On Nitros

My skyline has a gt3540rbb, injectors, plenum, power fc etc its kinda laggy in the lower revs so i was thinkin to install a wet nitros kit so it will pic up quicker on the lower revs and i just want to know if it would it be a good idea, has anyone tried it? anyway let me know wat you guys think.

My skyline has a gt3540rbb, injectors, plenum, power fc etc its kinda laggy in the lower revs so i was thinkin to install a wet nitros kit so it will pic up quicker on the lower revs and i just want to know if it would it be a good idea, has anyone tried it? anyway let me know wat you guys think.

definately. whether or not ur internals are standard just use a 50 shot. it will get the boost up nice and quick. use the nitrous for this reason not so much a hp gainer.

but i dont think he would drive around with the bottle in the car unless he was goin to the track.

:huh:

think and know are two different things... lots of ppl have seen his car with 2 huge bottles on teh street

Its not street legal.

Like other people, I'm wondering about x_pac's application. Nitrous doesn't last too long, so you either need big bottles or to use it sparingly.

If your car only lives life a quarter mile at a time its not an issue, but if you're planning on using N2O every time you take off from a set of lights its not the best option.

yea the plan is to just use it for 1/4mile not of every single traffic light. does anyone know how many 1/4 miles a 50 shot nos tank can do?

Edited by x_pac28

What do u think? A street is designed for cars to get from A to B not designed to fly from A to B.

If that is the case, then we have no need for 300+rwkw cars either, but they are still legal.

Ahh well, least this is the first time someone on SAU has attempted to patronise me.

Just because a car has more power than it needs to get up to the speed limit, doesn't mean that the owners have to drive it like they stole it.

There are plenty of high powered cars on the road, most of which are driven sensibly.

Something as unpredictable as N2O isn't safe/suitable for road use in any situation.

Something as unpredictable as N2O isn't safe/suitable for road use in any situation.

While I dont see the need to use Nitrous on the street, the above statement is completely untrue. Nitrous is neither unsafe nor unpredictable. It is however, illegal to use on public streets.

Adrian

While I dont see the need to use Nitrous on the street, the above statement is completely untrue. Nitrous is neither unsafe nor unpredictable. It is however, illegal to use on public streets.

If it was safe, there would be no reason for it to be illegal.

If someone is too tight/stupid to take it to a track, where else are they going to play with it?

I know I certainly don't want to have some idiot playing with nitrous while they're driving next to me.

...especially if it's the first time they've played with it, simply because they won't know what to expect from it.

I don't for an instant believe that anyone who is silly enough to use it on the street would have the ability to do so in a 'safe' manner.

Add into the equation fun things like nitrous backfires, DIY installations, and who could forget the genius who connected his bottle heater to a constant 12v and went off and forgot about it? Not much different to leaving a car sitting in the hot Australian sun.

Anyhoo, with the mods listed above, I didn't see x_pac28 mention which fuel pump was being used?

Formula to figure out usage:

0.8 lbs N2O X 10 seconds = 100HP

eg: If the system is jetted for 100HP it will use 0.8 lbs of nitrous for every 10 seconds of usage.

...and a reminder of why this is not a toy. :P

explodey.jpg

You will get 8 0r 9 passes on a fifty with a 10lb bottle. you pay about $110 a fill.. bit expensive to go blasting around on the street with. but will definately give you the midrange you are after. have a customer car similar to yours, ran 11.75 @121mph on 21psi. Put 75 bottle on it and it ran 11.66 @123mph on 15psi with 4 deg total timing out.

yea the plan is to just use it for 1/4mile not of every single traffic light. does anyone know how many 1/4 miles a 50 shot nos tank can do?
Edited by BezerkR32