SAU Community

NSW REAL BAD Speeding fine..

ZERO

Hi guys...

in a very very bad situation....

in homebush bay sydney (olympic park)

my first time driving on flack ave (60kms) turning onto dawn fraser drive (40kms) or sumthing...on my way to work, time is approximately 6.55am.... sun was shining in my eyes really bad glare, couldn't see my speedo.. drove past the 40kms sign supposedly at 87kms.

then after the glare was blocked by the novotel a police office in a chaser with radar got out from his parked vehicle a delivered a fine to me. he explained that i was speeding in a 40 zone and has it on radar. asked if i wanted to have a look. i did'nt say much back, asked for my licence and he proceeded to write the fine.

it was a fine for 87kms in a 40 zone.

penalty is $1515

6points 3months automatic suspension

plus 3month coz i lost over 12points

omg i was so ****en spewin... and after that i think he got his bonus or somting so he just hopped his ass in his car and drove off..

please is there anyone out there who can help me out or know what i could do to get me out of this situation?

thanks guys...

20yo student and aint makin alot of money...

any help would be much appreciated...

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

pray

i think it may be a lil to hard to dispute that.

if u were goin 60 in a 40zone mayb, but 87? i dunno bout that

normally if the road was angled on sloping you could make a good argument, but even with that there wouldnt be a 47km/h margin of error

wish u all the best with it

i been in the same boat

my only real piece of advice is to get your hands on a bus timetable.

You know, normally I think, bad luck, you were speeding....but I've got a lot of sympathy for you. The speed limits around homebusy bar are disgraceful. 40km/h thru an industrial zone! No residents / kids / schools, not even houses lining the roads.

They're a disgrace.

Still, unless you can afford a good lawyer, you'll have to cop it.

That sucks i couldn't cope with getting caught at that speed!

When i got pulled over after doing 180 in a 90 zone i couldn't breath, but they said i was doing 30 over. Obviously they only saw me at the end of my run

:burnout:

They said it would be in the mail, 3 months later no friendly bills!

I realised my stupidity and only speed in short bursts. If you speed everywhere you go you're bound to get caught alot!

oh man it ain't looking too happy...

how do u know if they have suspended your licence? coz the cop didn't say nuthin to me..just gave me the ticket... umm.. would you know if they send you a letter advising that you have lost your licence or had it suspened? i have 3 points left one my licence.... so hope some more advice...

If it was your first offence you might have been able to write a letter and *maybe* get it reduced or something....

but I think you're gonna have to just wait and see what turns up in the mail and cop it sweet :)

I agree with Duncan, sounds like yet another place where the speed limits are totally wrong. All the best with it :)

I know this is going to be the last thing that you want to hear, but the suspension times changed last dec. U got fkd doing 45k+, thats now an automatic 6 months, 30k-45k is 3 months.

So perhaps it could turn into 6+3?

http://www.rta.nsw.gov.au/roadsafety/speed...gpenalties.html

I got jacked in the same sorta way (no sun, was just cruising in 5th and didnt' even realise it) doing 36k ova, in a large industrial street. I got fkd for 3 months.

Heres a handy tip that *may* be useful...goto the infringement site, punch in ure infringement #, if it hasnt hit rta systems as of yet, the next screen will ask u for the offence code, punch in an offence code of say "under 15k" or whatever, pay the small fine, cross ure fingers :)

Originally posted by Brody

Heres a handy tip that *may* be useful...goto the infringement site, punch in ure infringement #, if it hasnt hit rta systems as of yet, the next screen will ask u for the offence code, punch in an offence code of say "under 15k" or whatever, pay the small fine, cross ure fingers :D

:bahaha:

Anything is worth a try.

I can't be of much help Zero but I can tell you that you have a pretty low chance of getting off. You see, doing over 45 is pretty bad and they won't even consider putting you under probation. I tried to go on probation but that's not even a consideration as far as the RTA is concerned. You just have to cop it sweet I'm afraid.

The RTA will send you a letter notifying you of your suspension period after you have paid the fine. If I were you I'd just pay it asap after you try to get off. They take their sweet ****ing time sending you the letter too. I tried to get my suspension period over as quick as possible and they wouldn't help me.

yeah laws changed buddy.. i think ure gonan get done big time.. cause its automatic loss of 6months for more than 12 points.. and depending on how much u were over its like 1 month extra for every 3 points u had extra

so u could be looking at a better part of 3/4 of a year..

basically ure a student driving a import.. writing a letter aint even worth the time of day.. i have never known anyone to get off recently... and were talking abotu 50yo men with a clean record for over 5 years.. and that was 20 over the limit.. ure 47 over

oh well just think of it as more time to concentrate on ure studies.. :D

btw i lost mine for 3 months last year.. worst time ever :D

way ot - but the boondock saints kicks ass! the language shift scene is a classic - so is d hotel and the firefight scene...

speeding wise, to give u some hope, a mate who drifted his ass off, 3rds most of the way on he m4 to thwe mountains in d wet, like 150kmh, followed by a d the whole way, got off scott free, and to add to that, was seen absolutely fling through a 50 zone on numerous occasions by a high ranked cop... got off all charges last thursday

Like Dundan, normally I don't have too much sympathy for people who get caught for speeding. You speed and get caught? Bummer. Have your whinge and move on.

But in this case, you've managed to illicit a little bit of sympathy from me. Tough break dude :D

MrR33: hey dude do u know how he got off what did he do to get off?

Merli: hey man... i didn't realise how fast i was goin, didn't know wat zone it was, i was'nt doin nufin stupid like flyin 160 in a 110 zone man... this is harsh man i wasn't trying to speed OMG =(

I know. That's why you have my sympathies.

I know exactly how smooth those roads around homebush are, and how easy it is to do 80km/h on them... It's almost natural to do 60-70km/h on them, and just as easy to press down another 0.5cm on the throttle and hit 80km/h...

I wish I could say you had a good chance of getting off, but in all seriousness, I don't think there's any argument that you can mount that will get the ticket overturned. Especially with the tough stance the NSW Police is taking with their new "excessive speeding" laws and penalties :)

i once got done for speeding 82 in a so called 60 zone. i explained to the officer that the area was special rural non residential and how i was sure it was a 80 zone not a 60 like he thought, in the end i just accepted the fine. 2 months later they put signs up to say it was a 80 zone.